To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Creedmoor, NC 27522
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Painter B - 2nd Shift
Altec Industries , Inc. • Creedmoor, NC
Posted 15 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why Join Altec?
If youre considering a career with Altec, Inc., theres never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. Thats why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and thats why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work Safer and Smarter. Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altecs values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values (in alphabetical order): Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Perform prep work before painting the upper boom. Then operate or tend painting machines to paint surface of upper boom.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES):
• Uses and conducts proper care of PPE
• Operates painting system
• Changes solvent and paint drums
• Fills hardener and paint drums
• Determine paint flow, viscosity, and coating quality by performing visual inspections or by using viscometers.
• Performs paint booth housekeeping and filters maintenance
• Performs quality checks
• Maintains proper care of guns for minimum painting downtime
• Sand out scuffs and chips in upper boom and repair any voids. Sand end of the boom and blow the outside and inside of boom using an air hose.
• Ensures proper surface preparation prior to painting
• Applies paint to obtain consistent dry film thickness
• Ensures paint application meets the paint standard
• Mix paint according to color specifications made by customer.
• Utilizes proper safety techniques with paint system applications
• Follows established safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures and practices
• Maintains work area and shop tools/equipment
• Assist the transfer of hazardous waste container generated at the satellite storage area to the main hazardous storage area, and ensure that satellite waste containers are properly labeled.aily time records
• Job duties may vary by location
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend required.
• Basic computer usage knowledge required.
• Ability to become HAZWOP certified.
• Minimum of 2 years of paint experience is required to perform this job. And must be proficient in spraying with paint guns.
*Color vision is required to match paint.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work will be performed in an enclosed booth/room.
• Harnesses as required
• Safety Glasses / Goggles / Face Shields
• Steel Toe Boots(Metatarsals may be required)
• Respirator and full body suit
• Protective Clothing
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS (NON-ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES):
• Keep a clean work area (5S)
• Assist co-workers as needed
• Participate in RCI events
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.