To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Process Engineer (Westland, MI)
Pittsburgh Glass Works • Crestline, OH
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Vitro is a leading manufacturer and distributor of automotive glass. We are looking for innovative and results-oriented people who want to contribute and make our company better. As a Tier 1 Supplier, we engineer products to meet the rigorous safety and aesthetic standards of the automobile industry.
At our facility in Westland, MI, we are expanding operations and looking for a Process Engineer. This growing facility was opened in 2007 and performs value-add operations as a Tier 1 supplier in the automotive industry.The Process Engineer is responsible for the technical management, maintenance and development of an existing production line while maintaining a safe work environment and high quality standards in order to meet customer requirement and plant objectives.
- Support the plan, layout, and sequence of manufacturing, test and material handling operations using lean manufacturing principles.
- Identify and adapt machine and equipment design to accommodate plant and production conditions.
- Participate and lead root cause analysis of quality and build issues for assigned manufacturing areas of responsibility.
- Study and improve manufacturing processes and procedures aimed at lowering manufacturing costs.
- Research, benchmark, introduce and maintain safety practices in all activities and supported areas.
- Plan the sequence of operations and write/maintain Standard Work Instructions for each area.
- Trouble shoot product and machine difficulties.
- Participate in preparation of requests and cost justifications for capital improvement projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing or Production Engineering or a related field.
- 1-2 years' experience in the manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Automotive glass manufacturing experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Capability of working well under pressure.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Relevant Leadership skills.
- Effective oral and written communication and presentation skills are required.
Computer skills required for this position include a working knowledge of Microsoft EXCEL, Word and Outlook.