To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Saint Regis Park, KY 40220
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Director of Food Services
Trilogy Health Services • Saint Regis Park, KY
Posted 1 month ago
What You Can Expect:
Directs the overall operation of the Dining Services Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations. Ensures that quality nutritional services are provided on a daily basis and that the dining services department is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize, evaluates, and directs the Dining Services Department. Implements the programs and activities of the department.
- Coordinates dining services and activities with other related departments (Clinical, Marketing, Life Enrichment, etc.).
- Provides material safety data sheets (MSDS) for hazardous chemicals used or stored in the dining services department to Environmental Services Director for inclusion in campus manual.
- Completes staff schedule for optimal daily functions according to company policy.
- Implements regional changes to menus based upon resident input obtained from weekly Chef Circle meetings.
- Processes diet changes and new diets as received from Clinical Services.
- Ensures that a daily preparation plan is reviewed with the preparation staff each day, at least one day in advance.
- Supervises and participates in food preparation for meals.
- Plans and provides catering services within the health campus as necessary.
- Assists in planning the dietary/dining services portion of the resident’s discharge plan.
- Interviews residents or family members within twenty-four (24) to seventy-two (72) hours upon admission and completes online preference form.
- Assists in developing methods for determining quality and quantity of food served.
- Completes dining room rounding daily visiting residents to evaluate the quality of meals served, likes and dislikes, etc.
- Provides appropriate evening snack to clinical team for delivery in the evening to all residents.
- Ensures that the dining areas are properly set and maintained.
- Meets with dining services personnel, on a regularly scheduled basis, solicits advice from inter-department supervisors concerning the operation of the Dining Services Department. Assists in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the methods of improvement of services.
- Ensures proper training for all new employees to coincide with the Culinary Apprenticeship Program.
- Reviews and checks competency of dining services personnel and makes necessary adjustments/corrections as required, or that may become necessary.
- Maintains a productive working relationship with other department supervisors and coordinates dining services to assure that daily services can be performed without interruption.
- Makes periodic rounds to check equipment and to assure that necessary equipment is available and working properly.
- Checks supply rooms and custodial closets to assure that needed supplies are on hand to perform assigned cleaning tasks.
- Ensures that stock levels of staple/non-staple food, supplies, equipment, etc., are maintained at adequate levels at all times.
- Purchases food services supplies, equipment, etc., as required.
- Implements procedures for the safe operation of all dining services equipment.
- Ensures that only trained and authorized personnel operate the department’s equipment, and that the equipment is operated in a safe manner.
- Ensures that containers of hazardous chemicals used in the department are properly labeled and stored.
- Ensures that the care plan identifies any special equipment and utensils the resident may need (e.g., plate guard, enlarged silverware handles, etc.).
- Provides substitute foods of similar nutritive value to residents who refuse foods served.
- Controls and remains within budget requirements for supplies, food, and labor costs through the use of the company spend down sheet.
- Maintains proper certifications and/or licenses required, if applicable.
- Minimal travel including overnight stay as necessary.
The Springs at Stony Brook
Text One Of Our Recruiters:
Stephanie (502) 661-6032
What We're Looking For:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Certified Dietary Manager or,
- Certified Food Service Manager or,
- An associate's or higher degree in food service management, restaurant management, or hospitality or,
- Similar national certification for food service management and safety from a national certifying body or,
- In states that have established standards for food service, meets State requirements for food service manager or dietary managers.
- Serve Safe Certified.
- As a condition of employment, applicant must agree to complete necessary certification within one (1) year of employment.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ hospitality, dining and culinary experience. Healthcare, hospital, residential or senior living or long-term care experience preferred.
- Must have training in cost control, food management, etc.
- Exemplary computer skills that include knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
Life At Trilogy:
Headquartered in Louisville, KY, Trilogy Health Services was founded in December 1997 and is dedicated to being the Best Healthcare Company in the Midwest by providing exceptional, comprehensive care to seniors in our living communities. Trilogy has over 100 locations and continues to grow across IN, OH, MI and KY. Join our growing company and experience the Trilogy Difference. We care for you while you care for others. #C4U
The Trilogy Advantage
- Competitive Salaries & Weekly Pay
- Innovative Training Programs
- FREE Health Insurance Option + up to $1,500 in company contributions
- Tuition Reimbursement, Scholarships and Student Loan Repayment
- Employee Celebrations
- And much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Trilogy Hires Heroes Just Like YOU!