JOIN OUR FUN-EMPLOYED FAMILY!
This is a GREAT opportunity to LEARN about the history of our city and
get to BRAG about it!!!
Become a CASTmember of the Nations Storyteller ®
Have fun driving an Old Town Trolley and sharing the history of our region.
Entertain visitors while educating them about our historical city!
You've seen the original orange-and-green trolleys all over the city and probably thought, 'What a fun job that must be’. Well, you're absolutely right! For more than a quarter of a century, Old Town Trolley Tours have been treating guests to a journey back in time while touring the most interesting and popular attractions in the city.
Come join the ranks of the FUN-employed on the orange-and-green Old Town Trolleys.
We are now holding interviews for our extensive that will thoroughly prepare you to be a professional tour conductor!
Already having a CDL is not required because we'll train you and prepare you to test for one!
Our ideal Tour Conductors have a passion for helping people and making their vacation experience a memorable one. A sincere love of history and the culture of our city is ideal.
The Tour Conductor must be able to drive a non-air-conditioned vehicle, on busy public streets in a safe, competent manner while entertaining guests by narrating a scripted sightseeing tour.
Most tours are approximately 1-2 hours in duration and Tour Conductors narrate several tours during each shift.
Salary : $16/hr ($16.00per hour base pay + $4.00 to 8.00/hr. in Gratuities*)
- Training: $15.00/hr
- Full Time and Part Time Available
- Monthly & Annual $$ Awards for top performers
- Paid Two Week Vacation (Full Time CAST) & paid sick leave (5 days)
- Choice of HRA or Traditional Healthcare Plan (Full Time CAST)
- Employer pays 84% of HRA premium of employee**
- Employer pays 72% of Traditional Healthcare Plan of employee**
- Teledoc - 24 hr. access to doctor by phone or computer for employee and their dependents.
- 401K Plan (Full Time CAST)
- Fun & Supportive Environment
- Flexible Scheduling
- Established & Financially Stable Company
Start your new Career Today!
Auditions will be scheduled for the week of March 11th.
Position will not start until April 8th.
*Gratuity information based off of annualized historic tips received by conductors working at Old Town Trolley Tours of San Diego.
**Calculated with employee participating in voluntary wellness program.
Key Words: CDL, Commercial Driver’s License, Tour Guide, Guide, History, Historian, Docent, Guest Service, Storytelling, Reenactor, Fun and Entertainment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- No prior knowledge is required, extensive paid training is provided
- Must be able to board and exit the trolley and assist guests with boarding and exiting the trolley
- Must pass annual Motor Vehicle Reports (MVR) checks as required by the Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Ability to learn and memorize scripted tours and routes as assigned
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English in order to communicate with fellow CASTmembers, the general public, law enforcement and emergency personnel
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and tolerate a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must pass a DOT physical upon employment
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with an acceptable and verifiable driving record of at least three years
- All FT Employees are eligible for paid vacation time as well as company sponsored health and wellness plans
- All FT, PT and Seasonal employees are eligible for:
- Paid sick time
- 401K plan with company matching * * Eligibility requirements must apply
- Flexible schedules, including a combination of weekdays and weekends are available
- Fun, upbeat work environment with various award and recognition celebrations throughout the year
- Discounts in retail stores and free admission to all company attractions
Successful candidate must undergo a drug test and a background search
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://HistoricToursofAmerica.appone.com
Off The Record Messaging