Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Get to know the business – Lexington
Lexington Insurance Company, the leading U.S. based Excess and Surplus Lines company, is strengthening leadership position in the E&S market. We aspire to make Lexington the best in the industry for all of our product and services; driving an end-to-end business that delivers exceptional outcomes for our brokers and clients. Lexington is the home of specialized underwriters, addressing the most challenging risks in the market, providing thought leadership and innovative solutions, supported by Claims and Operational expertise, all working together to solve our client’s needs as quickly as possible
About the role
To market and underwrite for acceptable business in accordance with established written underwriting guidelines. Demonstrate leadership capabilities within the department. Focus is on primary General Liability accounts in the small in middle market Casualty market segment.
- Independently select, monitor, and price new and renewal business according to Company guidelines per Underwriter’s level of authority as outlined in individual “Authority Letter”.
- Market our products and services and travel accompanied to assigned agents as required.
- Communicate with agents regarding rating, underwriting and policy issuance issues.
- Assist in the training of support staff within the team as well as within the Department.
- Assist, implement, or coordinate special projects and timetables such as revised forms, new coverages/classes, research, and Underwriting Guide revisions.
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and implementing in-house education training or other company functions.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at industry functions, conventions, and corporate events.
What we are looking For:
- An undergraduate degree
- Minimum 3 years of Commercial Insurance Company, Agency or Brokerage experience
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships
- Working knowledge of US Casualty lines of business including product features, forms, regulatory environments and risks etc, ideally in the Surplus lines or Excess Casualty space
- Demonstrated sales, marketing, and relationship building experience, ideally with the Wholesale marketplace
- Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions
- Willingness to be flexible, learn on the job, and maintain a can-do attitude
- Comfort with analytical tools and technology
- Experience in Small to Mid Market Casualty General Liability account underwriting preferred
A look at our benefits
At AIG, we have a 100-year legacy of working to make the world a better place. And that begins with our employees. We’re proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most – your health care, savings, financial protection, and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family, and military needs. For example, the “Giving Back” program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community.
We also believe in fostering our employees’ development and offer a range of learning opportunities for employees to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. AIG also has a tuition reimbursement program for eligible employees to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its policies and procedures reflect this commitment. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual orientation. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Underwriter/Senior Underwriter, Excess & Surplus Lines
is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
In order to work from or visit an AIG office, and in accordance with the terms and conditions of AIG’s COVID-19 vaccination policy, individuals hired into this position will be required to attest that they have been fully vaccinated and agree to have their vaccination status and proof of vaccination confidentially stored by AIG. Exemptions may be considered on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
UW - Underwriting
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
Lexington Specialty Insurance Agency, Inc.