Texas Health Allen is located at 1105 N Central Expressway, Allen, TX 75013
Salary Range: $26.50 - $50.40/hour, commensurate with working experience
Work Schedule: Full-time; 36 hrs./week; 7 PM - 7 AM, every other weekend required
The 8 bed unit population consists of patients the age of 14 to geriatrics. Patients may range from acute care to critically ill encompassing most major illnesses and injuries. Exclusions are major burns requiring a higher level of care, severe head trauma, stroke patients, patients requiring hemodialysis and cardiac surgery. Nursing care provided in the intensive care unit includes: assessment and reassessment of patient and family, mutual planning of care, implementation of appropriate interventions and standards, evaluation of outcomes, education of patient and family, and discharge planning. Multidisciplinary patient care interactions assure appropriate and timely interventions towards achieving patient care goals. Furthermore, the multidisciplinary approach involves nursing, nutritional services, pharmacy, respiratory therapy, physical therapy, social services, surgical services, physicians, and physician office staff; utilizing the nursing process, objective and subjective data collection and patient/family education to meet the patient's needs
Intensive Care Department highlights:
• Environment of teamwork with a family type atmosphere
• Advancement on critical care education through cross training and courses
• Focus on Quality and Excellence in patient care
• Scheduling by requests, bedside staff participate in formulating the schedule with the oversite of the manager.
• Increasing use of higher technology equipment and advancements in the communication process
• Associate’s degree in Nursing required;
• BSN preferred. Completion of BSN within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN role is required
URL blocked - click to apply
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire.
• Three (3) years recent ICU experience preferred. RN must practice within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act, serve as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care
• RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required; Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire.
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required
• ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire Required
• CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 60 Days Required
• CCRN (Critical Care Registered Nurse) Preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class
Why Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals. At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4th year in a row)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Registered Nurse Certified
Intensive Care Unit