To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rochester, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Rochester, MN
Posted 2 months ago
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Program Manager with our Sales Team at our Rochester, MN Location
The Program Manager is responsible for the management of customer interface to achieve high customer satisfaction, profitable business relationships, and sales growth with new and existing customers, and responsible for providing strong team leadership of the customer team to ensure internal and external customer needs are met. This position will support our Computing and Industrial Controls customers.
This job description provides examples of expectations at the various levels to help differentiate high level expectations; however, it is not all inclusive.
Essential Functions and Competencies
Manages and leads Customer team activities as the primary day-to-day Customer contact, acting as the division's “Voice of the Customer' Supports Business Unit Director / Program Director as needed with building Customer relationships and business development, with forecasting and pricing strategies, with ensuring profitability, and with meeting business unit objectives.
Manages Customer concerns, corrective actions, and leads issues to completion. Supports Program Managers in the various activities they lead/manage. Assists other team members as needed to ensure Customer needs are met.
Manages NPI/NPL programs. Develops an understanding of DFx philosophy and promotes it with Customers and within the Customer team. Develops a strong knowledge of the Customer's product, utilization, strategies, and requirements to support transitional activity. Leads overall strategic account management, providing expertise on customer management.
Contract Management/Understanding. Manages multiple team tasks, to include but not limited to, continuous improvement programs, business analysis, quoting and pricing, contract reviews, change management, on-time delivery, inventory, and forecasting. Provides centralized management authority over all business and technical aspects of a Customer account. Monitors and manages excess and slow moving inventories.
Manages NPI/NPL programs and coordinates or develops applicable proposals and quoting activities. Ensures all team responsibilities noted above include any applicable inter-company activities (those that involve other Benchmark sites) Overall Contract review and negotiation.
Provides indirect supervision to extended customer team members to help ensure customer needs are met. May supervise other team members. Will be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Will be able to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Will demonstrate effective interpersonal skills with co-workers and Customers.
- Will demonstrate strong leadership skills and the ability to develop, lead, and motivate teams/coworkers.
- Will demonstrate effective problem solving skills and the ability to make sound business decisions.
- Will demonstrate regular, consistent attendance and flexibility to adjust hours to meet Customer needs and support a global 24/7 operation.
- Will demonstrate confidentiality and effective analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Will demonstrate effective communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Will demonstrate understanding of the extended process of material procurement, order entry and status, forecasting, manufacturing, assembly, invoicing, Customer returns, inventory levels, on-time-delivery, change management, and electronic components.
- Will demonstrate ability to effectively negotiate contracts.
- Will demonstrate effective risk management and project management skills.
- Will be able to travel approximately 10% of the time.
- Will demonstrate full comprehension and experience utilizing project management tools.
- Will demonstrate the ability to independently drive solutions to complex business issues with limited supervision. Will be able to mentor PMs.
Mentoring others in program management tasks and concepts. Experience with most complex larger customer accounts. Experience in Computing and Industrial Control contract sales. 2-8+ years of program management experience
4 year degree
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.