To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Peachtree City, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Peachtree City, GA
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Apex Systems, the nation's 2nd largest Information Technology and Engineering staffing firm, has an opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to work for one of our clients in the Peachtree City, GA area.
This individual will design, develop, modify, and evaluate electronic components and systems related to electric vehicle power train product space. Also, they’ll act as an internal consultant providing instruction and technical guidance to engineers and other technical staff through the design and development process.
For immediate consideration please send your most updated resume to Lauren Pritts firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Determine the technical feasibility of new product concepts.
- Prepare detailed project plans including technical objectives and approaches, design specifications, test specifications, schedule plans, project cost estimates and product cost analyses.
- Direct and coordinate all work by engineers, support personnel, and outside groups involving design, development, drafting, prototype construction, and test and evaluation of product concepts.
- Responsible for the electrical design team through all phases of the program from the proposal stage (including concept development as well as generating written technical proposals) to the end of hardware qualification.
- Will lead electrical design team through development of detailed performance specifications and technical designs, identify and implement qualification and acceptance test plans, lead problem solving efforts, and interaction with customer and supplier technical leads.
- May employ quality improvement and supplier relations approach utilizing customer required formats such as Production Parts Approval Process (PPAP) and Advanced Production Quality Process (APQP) techniques.
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
- Develop design process procedures and prepare information as needed in the design documentation process.
- Prepare schematics, product and component related specifications, and bills of materials as needed.
- Confirm accuracy of Bill of Material (BOM) and assembly data (CIM).
- Direct and coordinate the building of prototype products and systems.
- Responsible for determining component requirements appropriate to product.
- Confirm availability and facilitate acquisition of new components for builds.
- Generate and analyze test data and report to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Responsible for determining root cause of product nonperformance utilizing appropriate test equipment. May confer with research resources to clarify or resolve component problems.
- Develop, participate in and analyze research to determine feasibility of proposed product specifications.
- Participates in development of design process procedure and plan development of experimental test programs.
- Develop test and design process procedures evaluating test results for possible application to other products and/or systems.
- Mentor less senior engineers and technical support personnel in technical areas as required.
- Interpret and comply with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Prepare reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information.
- Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Develop and participate in process and departmental improvement to benefit the overall organization
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in at least one STEM major (Science; Technology; Engineering; Math)
- Experience developing linear and nonlinear device simulation models (Bipolar transistors, Field Effect Transistors (FETs), Metal Epitaxial Semiconductor Field Effect Transistors (MESFETs), High Electron Mobility Transistors (HEMTs), etc.).
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) evaluation and countermeasure experience
- Design experience in high power circuit design (>1KW), understanding of battery charging circuit design, circuit design experience with high power motors (>1kW) required.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178