Job ID: 411579
Preferred Materials – Concrete Division, part of CRH South Division, is a leading supplier of ready mix concrete, concrete block, rebar and building materials in the state of Florida, providing the highest product quality and service in the construction industry. With headquarters in Bonita Springs, Florida, and operations in five key Florida markets, Preferred Materials provides municipalities, developers, architects, engineers, contractors, builders and suppliers a wide variety of construction materials and products. Our employees make Preferred Materials a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety.
Provide leadership, training, supervision and support to the concrete delivery professionals, batch concrete and maintain the plant. Develop teamwork and foster team spirit within the concrete production and delivery departments. The positions’ ultimate goals are to develop an environment of work teams and guiding these teams to be the best in the business. The results of this being 100% on-time delivery, driver productivity, plant up time, all with zero lost loads and zero customer complaints.
- Ensure Health & Safety standards are met by complying with legislation, company policies and promoting a safe work environment.
- Evaluate, oversee, and manage all aspects of Dispatch Operations
- Evaluate, monitor, and coach personnel supervised.
- Manage the workforce assigned to your plant daily.
- Issue discipline at the direction of the Regional Manager and Driver Manager.
- Direct work at plant locations and job sites.
- Review time cards, act on, and where appropriate, approve payroll claims.
- Attendance and on-time monitoring.
- Complete all paperwork and reports required by the company.
- Positively supervise and motivate professional drivers and yardman if applicable.
- Control expenditures and maximize profits for the plant, region, and company.
- Implement and maintain 5s program.
- Adhere to and positively communicate all company policies.
Safety & Environmental
- Assure compliance with ALL safety programs.
- Hold daily Take 5 meetings with all employees and visitors.
- Confirm that proper maintenance is conducted on all equipment.
- Manage storm-water / spill prevention program.
- Conduct routine safety inspections and report corrections as needed.
- Assist with accident & environmental investigation / compliance.
- Maintain all records required for Greenstar compliance
Vehicle and Equipment Service and Maintenance
- Routinely inspect vehicles and equipment - report repair priorities.
- Insure plants and operating equipment is clean and properly maintained.
- Insure safety equipment is maintained.
- Perform routine plant maintenance.
- Schedule vehicle repairs through Regional Manager.
- Perform and record product testing as required on a daily basis.
- Maintain stock piles in accordance with IDOT standards.
- Maintain calibration of moisture probes.
- Must keep an open line of communication with the Quality Control department. (Any mix design variations, etc.)
- Maintain daily black diary.
- Perform batching of concrete, ensuring that proper mix design and job specifications are followed.
- Coordinate raw material orders with Customer Service Center.
- Maintain specified inventory levels on all materials.
- Perform general maintenance on plant equipment and facilities as needed.
- Responsible for all monies received.
- Adhere to returned concrete policy.
Job Function Requirements
- Always present a professional appearance in accordance with the American Concrete dress code.
- Answer phone in a professional manner.
- Work closely with Customer Service Manager.
- Demonstrate and communicate high standard of customer service and satisfaction by working in conjunction with Customer Service Team and Sales Team.
- Maintain and post all KPI’s daily.
- Maintain housekeeping tasks of plant site and office to conform to company and legal Safety standards.
- All plant managers are to be an Iowa certified plant inspector.
- Open, read, and respond to emails daily.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required.
- 3+ years’ experience with Ready Mix Concrete is required
- Must be able to communicate efficiently and effectively with customers and all company personnel.
- Must have extensive knowledge of surrounding area.
- Must have extensive knowledge of company products and services.
- Management; staff supervision experience is a plus. Will supervise union employees. Must be able to supervise and control personnel to accommodate customer satisfaction.
- Class A or B CDL preferred (not required).
- Must be a problem solver.
- Must take the initiative to increase the quality of one’s skills to become more efficient.
- Must be able to make good judgment calls when under pressure.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to read and understand maps.
- Work requires walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling, and lifting objects occasionally.
- Must be able to perform mathematical function pertaining to billing, volumes, quantities, etc
- Must have or acquire good computer skills in order to operate batching, billing and communication equipment.
- May be required to work at other locations to fill in for other managers as needed.
- Must be able to go out and approach people to obtain future business or investigate complaints.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Preferred Materials, Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Ready Mix Plant Manager - Lehigh Acres, FL.
- Claim Processing
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Customer Satisfaction