To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Huntsville, AL 35806
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Property Manager - Government Assets
Aerojet Rocketdyne • Huntsville, AL
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader that provides propulsion and energetics to the space, missile defense, strategic systems, tactical systems and armaments areas, in support of domestic and international markets. We are bringing about 800 new jobs to Huntsville, Alabama and building a state-of-the art advanced manufacturing facility. Defense-related engineering, program management, and related support positions will be housed at this site, home of Aerojet Rocketdyne's Defense headquarters and Rocket Shop Defense Advanced Programs.
Aerojet Rocketdyne is seeking a Property Manager - Government Assets to join our Supply Chain Center of Excellence in our Huntsville, AL facility.
This role is responsible for managing complex tasks and programs in the effective and efficient administration of a multi-site government property (fixed assets, personal property) environment covering the FAR 52.245-1 outcomes necessary for Property Management. These include, acquisition, receiving, identification, records, movement, storage, inventories, reports, consumption, utilization, maintenance, disposition and project close out. Support government property needs of all programs which include expediting shipments, and analysis of excess/obsolete property. Preparing and submitting reports to Government oversight authorities and supporting internal and external assessments, inspections and audits. Act as the Organization's Subject Matter Expert on Government Property matters, monitor, develop, implement and enforce procedures and policies. This position also oversees the company capital asset Property Management System.
The successful individual will ensure program compliance within all aspects of government property which includes execution and monitoring methods/audits for functional areas in support of programs and corporate objectives.
- Lead all necessary assessments, inspections and audits of Government Property operations by DCMA, DCAA, and other external and internal oversight authorities.
- Lead any necessary responses to oversight authority (e.g. DCMA, DCAA...) Corrective Action Response requests that have a Property component cause or impact.
- Support business partners and subcontractors in achieving and sustaining compliance with all FAR/DFARS regulations relative to property management.
- Stay informed on changes in all applicable regulations and provide guidance to company on necessary activities to maintain compliance.
- Must support and control change management activities while working on complex projects.
Provide Project/Program Management will require an in-depth knowledge and work experience related to government program management practices. Much of the property manager's time will be spent working with internal and external customers to ensure business goals are met.
- In addition, improve working relationship with governmental agencies and the Organization. Assessing the Organization's Property Management System, and needs for improvement, is required.
- Provide guidance in the development of proposals and contracts in order to ensure compliance with regulations and adequate labor and facilities to accommodate contract requirements.
Establish annual and monthly spending plans for both expense and capital resources. Work within an accounting system that integrates property management planning and spending with the current Organization Financial system. Perform cost benefit analysis when necessary. Provide run rate analysis as well as exceptions reports on a monthly basis. A strong focus on cost reduction is a must.
Create a culture of accountability throughout the department. Grow the department's capability through hands- on coaching and mentoring of its employees.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline and seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
US Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (U.S. Citizenship required). Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills, including the ability to plan, organize, coordinate, direct and control the activities of the assigned organization.
- This position will require 15% travel and occasional varying schedules and extended hours.
- This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Experience in maintaining property records and developing reports in an integrated Enterprise Resource Planning system such as Oracle or SAP.
- Property management experience including five years of leadership.
- NPMA membership and Certified Professional Property Administrator (CPPA) or Certified Professional Property Manager (CPPM).
- Continuous Improvement certification (Six Sigma).
- Multi-site property management experience.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.