Senior RAMS Engineer
Our client is not only a valuable company, but a company based on values. We believe that our five key values guide our actions and make our client a competitive, effective company: Customer Focus, Innovation and Excellence, People, Team Spirit, and Integrity.
- Development of Safety Analysis Documentation of systems and products [Safety Plans, PHAs/O&SHAs/FTAs/FMECAs/SHAs/SSHAs/Hazard Logs/Safety Cases]
- Development of RAM Analysis Documentation of systems and products [RAM Plans, RAM Demonstration Plans, Preliminary RAM Analyses, Final RAM Analyses, Maintainability Assessments,
- Assisting in the development of RAMS projects schedules providing Project RAMS Managers with guidance as to the inputs required for RAMS tasks and expected durations for RAMS tasks.
- Providing guidance to the engineering teams on implementing safety and reliability into their application and product designs
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Experience in implementing the CENELEC Standards EN 50126, EN 50128, and EN 50129 as guidelines for RAM and Safety Assessment
- Familiar with MIL-STD-882 and the AREMA Standards for RAM & Safety Assessment
- Working knowledge of Item ToolKit or equivalent tools for RAM and Safety Assessment
- Self-driven and motivated and accountable for actions and efforts in regards to safety assessment
- Skilled in reading and interpreting electric, electronic, and mechanical drawings and schematics
- Experienced with the terms MTBF, MTBSF, MTTR, Availability, MTBHE, SIL, Vital, and Mission Critical
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- 5 - 10 years of experience is a must
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Proficient with the development of complex Safety Assurance techniques [PHAs, O&SHAs, FTAs, FMECAs, Hazard Logs, and Safety Cases] per the CENELEC Standards
- Proficient with the development of complex RAM techniques [RAM Demonstration, RAM Analysis (Block Diagrams and Fault Trees), Spare Parts Calculations] per the CENELEC Standards
- Proficient knowledge of railroad signaling concepts and a background in safety assessment of railroad applications and products
- Experience in Human Analysis
Employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
It is our commitment to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Mean Time Between Failures
Signaling (Crane Rigging)