The UGS IN Truck Driver works with the UGS Plant Manager to ensure that all material hauling is completed. General duties will vary from day to day but the primary task will be hauling material from our mixing facility to our granulation facility and unloading materials into a storage bin. The driver will be responsible for hauling ingredients from our granulation facility to the mixing facility as well as completing any finished product transfers by taking the finished products from our granulation facility to our warehouse. Duties can and will include maintaining and cleaning granulation plant equipment and trucks.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Responsible for making delivery runs, loading and unloading the truck, completing the necessary paperwork for each load, and assuring the truck is operating safely and properly.
- Responsible for maintaining the truck in good working order (general maintenance, checking oil, other fluid levels, and tire pressure, etc.); should major repairs or maintenance be required, responsible for reporting it to the Rose Acre shop.
- Responsible for compost hauling from a mixing facility to the granulation plant, ingredient hauling from the granulation plant to the mixing facility, and intercompany hauling of the finished products.
- Responsible for the maintenance and cleaning of granulation plant equipment and trucks.
- Responsible for keeping accurate paperwork of daily removal amounts/locations shipped to, etc.
- Responsible for assisting in the general maintenance and operation of the granulation plant.
- High school diploma is preferred - basic communication and math skills are highly desired.
- CDL class A is required. Experienced driver preferred but not required.
- Capable of performing job functions related to waste removal - including moving and operating equipment, cleaning areas, etc.
- Capable of learning how to properly operate and maintain forklifts and other equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Capable of cleaning out equipment at the end of the day - basic sanitation of equipment, trucks, tools, etc.
- Capable of filling out basic paperwork (hauling statements, tonnage, bill of lading reports, etc.).
- Capable of working a flexible schedule - may include some weekend work, overtime work, and/or occasional holidays.
- Capable of lifting items weighing 50 lbs or more.
- Ability to understand, read, write and speak basic English.
ANIMAL WELFARE COMMITMENT:
- Must possess the ability to work in an agricultural environment, indoors, outdoors, office, warehouse, processing, and farm production areas each varying in temperature, and other environment specific atmospheres.
NON-SMOKING WORK PLACE:
- Rose Acre Farms is fully committed to providing our animals with a safe and healthy environment, free from abuse and treated humanely in all aspects.
- All team members are obligated by moral duty, Rose Acre Farms requirement (refer to Animal Abuse Policy in Rose Acre Farms Handbook), and legal obligation to uphold the strictest animal welfare structured environment and are obligated to report any incidents of abuse, neglect or breach of bio-security for the health and welfare of our animals.
- No smoking allowed in workplace, break areas, or on any company property.
- No smoking in company provided vehicles.
Rose Acres is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, sexual orientation, gender identity or other legally protected status.Disclaimer:
Although this job description lists and identifies the primary duties of the listed position, it is not an exclusive list. As with all positions at Rose Acre Farms, the very nature and diversification of an egg production facility requires that all team members remain flexible to cover a wide variety of duties that may need covered. The Information contained in this job description is not only to inform you of the requirements of this position, but will also be used to evaluate your work performance. This will include assisting in a determination of whether or not you will be entitled to certain bonuses and/or raises, and whether or not performance related disciplinary action would be taken against you.
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Environmental Protection
- Hardworking And Dedicated