Summary of Position Requirements
Responsible for a wide variety of Purchasing Operations job functions including take-offs, monitoring and maintaining variances in the field and in JDE, Specific responsibilities for permits, starts and job cost functions specific to the Ocala Market. The EPM will have Environmental Responsibilities Division wide with specific Purchasing responsibilities for the Ocala Market as delegated by the Director of Purchasing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interact with the Director of Purchasing, Director of Construction, Area Managers, and Construction Managers to resolve any takeoff problems.
• Own the responsibility for improving cost per sq foot.
• Negotiate and question pricing and legitimacy of EPO’s.
• Review all extra EPO’s to verify within accordance of approved take-offs, scopes of work, proper reason codes utilized, and work with Expeditor to resolve issues as they arise.
• Identify areas and trends in extra EPO’s to prevent and to reduce costs.
• Rationalize the subcontractor base to the best of the best.
• Ensure continuity of supply and labor to the division’s communities ()specific responsibility for Charleston communities)
• Assist in the collection and distribution of bid information via Buzzsaw
• Prepare contracting packages (i.e. Subcontractor base Agreements, Scopes of Work, Insurance Requirements, Specifications, etc.)
• Cross train in all areas of purchasing in order to be able to assist as necessary
• Assist supplier/subcontractors to resolve invoicing issues
• Obtain all required approvals for permits and act as liaison between the company and each municipality (Charleston)
• Prepare and submit applications to various agencies/boards having jurisdiction over required permits and/or approvals
• Review any plans issued out of the division for correct revision dates and review start packages for accuracy
• Work closely with the municipalities on the status of permits and plan approval
• Prepare start packages for Construction Managers (Charleston)
• Process standard change order addendums
• Verify and approve take off changes sent in from the field.
• Field inspection and verification of architectural, engineering, and materials on all new prototype homes.
• Field inspection and validation of take-offs and make necessary adjustments.
• Field inspections to identify unnecessary overhead expenses such as generators, portable toilets and material wastes.
• Perform random audits of materials when dropped by supplier.
• Perform random audits during the construction process to ensure Scopes of Work are being enforced and followed.
• Perform random audits during the construction process to ensure quality control.
• Measure available slab and flatwork prior to concrete pour on regular field visit day.
• Review plans, takeoffs and budgets for new communities and plans to resolve possible issues before the community or plan starts.
• Assist as necessary with material takeoffs for new and revised plans.
Education and Experience Requirements
• College degree required
• 5 years minimum experience in construction technology, environmental management/engineering, industrial hygiene, or related field experience.
• 3 years minimum experience in homebuilding industry.
• Must have working knowledge of laws and regulations relating to SWPPP’s, storm water run-off and air quality.
• Must have strong writing and organizational skills; Detail oriented.
• High degree of construction knowledge.
• Team player with strong work ethic.
• Valid Driver’s License and valid auto insurance coverage required.
• Computer literacy, including word-processing, spreadsheet analysis, project scheduling and data management software.
• Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Air Pollutions
- Attention To Detail
- Computer Literacy