Ritter Communications has been at the forefront of the local communications industry for more than a century. We began providing telephone service in Northeast Arkansas in 1906. Today, Ritter Communications serves 92 communities and more than 45,000 customers across Arkansas, northeast Texas, southeast Missouri, and west Tennessee. The company has grown steadily over the years, expanding rapidly and is now the largest privately-held regional broadband fiber, telecom, video and cloud services provider in the Mid-South. Ritter invests heavily in the communities it serves by deploying proven, best-in-class infrastructure and technology, while coupling it with a world-class customer focused experience.
We are looking for an experienced Customer Care Representative to join our team!
Customer Care Representatives assist both existing and prospective customers with service-related issues or inquires. The assistance this position delivers ranges from billing and account questions to service trouble and changes in services. The CCR is also responsible for performing tasks that help manage customer accounts and promoting services offered by the company. Promotion of services by the CCR often leads to new sales and/or upgrades in service as well as encourages word-of-mouth advertising within the service communities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Checks the customer service voicemail queue checked daily; either return phone calls or assign to others in the group;
- Completes work order information for customer computers that need repaired; sends computer to Jonesboro for repair;
- Answers internal and external, residential and small business customer’s calls concerning questions about billing, pricing, product information, & availability;
- Sets payment arrangements for customers having trouble making full payments or has a situation that has come up that made them not able to pay;
- Educates customer on Lifeline program and complete paperwork; process yearly renewals for existing Lifeline subscribers;
- Participates in after-hours events hosted by Ritter, our customers/vendors and the community;
- Ensures that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, a willingness to listen to customer needs, and solid product knowledge;
- Handles customer inquiries and problems in an effective and timely manner;
- Remains current with changing trends in the telecommunications industry and services / products offered by Ritter Communications;
- Takes ownership to identify, research and resolve billing inquiries, repair issues, and account changes;
- Acquires and enrolls new customers through the use of consistent sales techniques, and enabling customers to perceive value in the service;
- Retains existing customers through the use of proactive customer service / consulting techniques, enabling customers to perceive value in the service;
- Demonstrates adequate product knowledge and possesses ability to troubleshoot service issues for voice, data, and video;
- Verifies and completes required documentation for customer premise equipment, whether returned or issued;
- Verifies and enters all customers’ information and service orders into applicable billing and operations software programs;
- Develops relationships with residential clients through contact in person, on the phone, or through written communications;
- Interacts with other groups to identify, troubleshoot, and/or resolve service / scheduling issues, and provide consistent follow up to ensure timely completion or resolution that meets or exceeds customer expectations;
- Processes cash, bank drafts, check and credit card payments via appropriate software, maintaining security of cash drawer, receipts, and customer payment information at all times;
- Follow up on auto drafts that are declined by the system; Contact customer to verify information;
- Balances cash drawer/posts payments daily/sets up and/or makes bank deposits daily; Petty cash transactions- make proper copies, obtain proper signatures, and make sure petty cash balances
- Maintains confidentiality and security of all customer information;
- Recognizes, documents and alerts the supervisor of trends in customer calls and/or interaction;
- Shares lessons learned with team members, providing information that can be used for new hire training or expanding others’ knowledge;
- Communicates difficult / sensitive information tactfully;
- Makes outbound calls for the purpose of sales, follow-up, courtesy, and collection;
- Demonstrates initiative to complete other departmental responsibilities during slower call volume/walk-in traffic times;
- Applies knowledge of specific product details in order to troubleshoot and resolve minor problems and prevent unnecessary dispatch of a service tech
- Demonstrates effective time management by prioritizing daily work activities
- Projects a professional appearance and demeanor when interacting with customers or representing Ritter in other activities;
- Applies knowledge from training to customer relationships;
- Travels to customer sites, project areas, business related events, and other Ritter Communications locations;
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of voice, video, and data industries;
- Knowledge of database software applications, such as billing systems, accounting systems, and vendor order systems;
- Basic keyboarding, math, and verbal skills;
- Basic computer experience including Word, Excel, Explorer and Outlook;
- Demonstrated skill in effective written and oral communication, including excellent enunciation, grammar, and lack of slang; Includes ability to follow written and oral instructions;
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as a personal computer, copier, fax, and telephone systems;
- Demonstrated ability to interact with difficult customers, actively listen, communicate clearly, and assure customer understanding while identifying and resolving the situation;
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner either in person, on the phone, or via email;
- Ability to pay close attention to detail;
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions;
- Ability to multitask efficiently and effectively;
- Ability to interpret and explain retail billing invoices and collection experience preferred;
- Ability to work independently and exercise initiative;
- Ability to effectively function as a team player;
- Ability to manage personal and work-related stress effectively; demonstrates effective time management skills exhibits patience;
- Ability to regularly work flexible schedules, including overtime, nights, weekends, and some holidays;
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor when dealing with difficult situations;
- Ability to travel for business requirements; must possess a valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED plus one-year previous customer service experience is required.
Ritter Communications is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We strive to maintain a drug-free workplace.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, cancer, accident and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, free gym membership, company discounts, tuition reimbursement, paid training, paid leave, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Insight