To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Newington, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior SharePoint Engineer - Active TS/SCI required
General Dynamics Information Technology • Newington, VA
Posted 7 days ago
ARMA Global/GDIT is seeking a well-qualified, experienced and talented SharePoint Engineer to join our Business Application Team. The SharePoint Engineer will play a central role in the infrastructure and solution lifecycle including: establishing new and maintaining existing multi-farm SharePoint environments, responding to feature and configuration requests, designing solutions and envisioning follow up work. The SharePoint Engineer will also play an integral role in the design, development, customization and integration efforts of solutions involving Collaboration Portals, Content Management and Business Process improvements where SharePoint is the designated solution.
The SharePoint Engineer's core responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Installing and Configuring SharePoint farms, architecture, deployment, monitoring and overall daily administration
- Execution of SharePoint service delivery with stability and high availability to ensure it is a robust and reliable Enterprise collaboration solution
- Provide thought leadership on best practices for solution design, with a thorough understanding of enterprise application integration including the use of business process and forms, business intelligence, collaboration services, collaborative document management, and portal interaction
- Create partnerships with all areas in the service delivery chain and understand their processes and guidelines for delivery
- Support the implementation of custom SharePoint-based solutions and 3rd party tool integration
- Design and configure federated enterprise search-driven application solutions using managed metadata, content type hub and custom refiners
- Develop, execute, and document procedures and standards adhering to SharePoint best practices
- Provide 3rd tier support to all areas of the business and will mentor, train and foster lower support tiers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5+ years hands-on experience installing, configuring and maintaining large SharePoint 2010/2013/2016 multi-farm topologies
- Experience with high availability and disaster recovery infrastructure design and implementation in a multi-farm shared services SharePoint environment
- Working knowledge of following related technologies: SQL Server, IIS, Active Directory, DNS, Load Balancing and Windows Server 2012 and above
- Experience establishing federated SharePoint search incorporating managed metadata
- Proficiency in the following is a plus: Social Collaboration platforms, Exchange/Lync Integration, mobile integration, performance tuning, Nintex workflows, SharePoint On-Premise and SharePoint On Line/Office 365 integration
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to work effectively between organizations at all levels
- Ability to work on a team as well as independently with minimal supervision to achieve project milestones and deadlines
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
8-10 years of related software development experience.
DoDI 8570.01m Certification required
MCSE / MCSA preferred
ITIL v3 Certification preferred
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
#dpost #cjpost #ARMA