The Mental Health Technician performs selected patient care activities. They are a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team and provides support for the patient's therapeutic treatment plan. Primary responsibilities include observing and recording patient information pertinent to the treatment plan and reporting this information to the Staff Registered Nurse. Must be capable of physically assisting patients, dealing with patient emergencies, and working as part of the clinical team.
• High school diploma/GED required with post high school education preferred.
• Crisis Intervention Training (CPI) training required within 6 months of hire.
• 1-3 years’ experience preferred.
• Moderate supervisory skills required.
• BLS required before starting on the floor.
Patient Information Leaflet
Registered Nurse Certified