Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
We are seeking a wireless Telecommunications BSA (Solutions Engineer) to work in any US state remotely. The candidate most optimal for this role will have deep experience in the Telecom carrier background, contract management and negotiations and cellular and wireless phones and devices.
If selected…In this role you will serve as an expert BSA/Telecommunications Engineer and Manage a Large Corporate Cellular /Data Wireless Operation for UHG and Optum internal staff focusing on clinical and provider groups that need Cell phone and remote WiFi (MiFi) access to successfully do their patient focused work.
This key position involves solid telecommunications and wireless knowledge and background, a business systems approach along with partnering with internal customers and knowing how to find solutions to their needs and challenges.
You may enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges *.The work schedule and availability must align with either central time or east coast time zone core business hours.
- Understand and manage complex provisioning ecosystem, including understanding of API integrations between various platforms
- Support business regarding all aspects of wireless signaling, such as service or provisioning outages
- Assist end users in troubleshooting activation issues and other cellular issues
- Works with vendors to resolve issues
- Works as liaison between business and vendors
- Strategize and lead engagement with contacts across the wireless sector (particularly with vendors)
- Produces ad-hoc reporting to provide required information as needed
- Create and support inter-department workflows for SIM life-cycle management, and support on-going projects to refine process across business
- Ensure product availability for timely delivery and customer satisfaction
- Balance product lifecycle with cost to company to ensure customers have top level technology at appropriate cost to the company
- Drive innovative approaches and creative problem solving for the business both Clinical staff and other Optum groups we support
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Education: Undergraduate degree (BA/BS) or 5+ years or related work/equivalent experience
- 2+ years or more experience in industry experience with data provisioning
- 2+ years or more Vendor Management - with niche experience in wireless telecommunications
- 2+ years of experience in working to solve customer solutions related to telecommunications and wifi/cellular
- 1+ years of experience in working on projects that center around IT, telecommunications and innovation, creative ideas
- 1+ years of experience in coordinating new activation and service dates with customers, internal teams, and vendors
- Experience quickly drive escalations with the carriers, to make sure timely resolution and service restoration
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
•All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.