Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our team members grow professionally before recruiting new talent for open positions. If you think the open position you see if right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make the difference in our success.
Job Description Summary:
This job will work out of the Verizon workplace in Ashburn, VA
Job Description:BASIC FUNCTION: A Community Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations, sets, and movement of the overall logistics of their assigned space/floor for office/desk and meeting spaces. They manage the day-to-day floor execution of in-house meeting programs by ensuring events materialize 100% accurately as specified through the program agenda and BEO's, along with coordinating change management as well as the setup of audio visual equipment. They provide all guests request and business service support; office supplies, printing/copying, shipping, technology assistance and troubleshooting etc. in a professional and timely manner. This position is also responsible for monitoring the office/desk space property assets and reporting needs throughout the day. Is a role model of and is accountable to following our Mission, Core Values, First Priorities, Policies and Procedures.WORK SCHEDULE: Schedule and floor location varies based on client needs and business demands.QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent; minimum 2 years experience in general office experience
- Excellent computer software knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Video Conferencing platforms, and property related PMS system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills; previous guest services experience and interpersonal skills; familiarity with basic office equipment, including fax and copy machines
- Excellent relationship skills and people building
- Strong technical ability to troubleshoot audio visual issues including video conferencing, audio, tablets, microphones, wireless peripherals, adapters, and basic consumer electronics wiring i.e HDMI, VGA, etc.
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS: Perform other job functions as necessary to ensure property and company goals and guest expectations are exceeded.ENVIRONMENT: Please refer to the Position Analysis/Specifications for details.
- Create an Environment of fun and teamwork through planned employee engagements.
- Oversight & assistance in creating memorable guest experiences, as well as, anticipating guest and facilitator needs through event pre-walks and room checks
- Oversee Program "Turn" Activities and ensure smooth programmatic flow
- Acts as liaison between group contact and Virtual Planner
- Provide Room and AV orientations as needed
- Provides urgent Audio Visual support and ensures rapid resolution/troubleshooting and follow up
- Setup Audio Visual Equipment for meetings and events, including presentations, microphones, slide advancers, etc.
- Assist with movement and placement (delivery) of program materials, including pre- and post-event prepping, shipping and storing, as assigned
- Assist with technical and logistical opportunities that arise in meeting rooms for both instructors and attendees, as assigned
- Confirm break, meal, receptions, and special event timing, as needed
- Daily communication with AV, Virtual Planner, Sr. Community Manager, facilities, security, and catering partners, including Executive Assistance.
- Walk your space throughout the day, interact with employees, gather their feedback, and assist with needs. Monitor and report daily, weekly, and monthly space usage and occupancy.
- Perform preventative maintenance and frequent technology tests in order to report potential issues to management and submit work tickets as needed
- Log all AV requests into daily CM activity sheet
- Distributes meeting/event peripherals such as easels, pads, markers, etc
- Maintain effective communication and positive relationships with all operating departments acting as a resource and appropriately delegating tasks as needed.
- Follow up with all change requests to ensure accuracy and operational communication
- Be knowledgeable in simple A/V and IT functions to assist Verizon associates
- Fulfill and support guest needs throughout the day. Services include but are not limited to copying, typing, physical and digital signage, nametags escort from building to building etc.
- Provide information to guests relative to meeting services and office/desk assignments
- Review and manage daily office/desk space reservations and logistics
- Ensure daily that meeting, office/desk spaces are cleaned and ready prior to guest arrivals
- Send and deliver guest faxes/messages when appropriate
- Report all maintenance defects in the WOW or AYS ticket process and onsite communications.
- Maintain par office supplies and monthly inventory
- Build and maintain a good relationship with Verizon associates and their partners
- Check and track all guest packages from purchasing/mailroom
- Maintain cleanliness of all assigned space and working area
- Review distribution of in-house reports to ensure consistency and completeness of information
- Attend weekly designated meetings
- Follow grooming standards maintaining a professional image in dress and mannerisms
- Post guest business-related charges on a daily basis
- Accurately maintain all group-billing files
- Coordinates vendors, obtains quotes, client contracts etc.
- Audio Equipments
- Change Management
- Customer Service