Crown Cork & Seal’s North American Beverage Packaging Division has openings for Forklift Drivers/Operators at their new manufacturing facility located in Nichols, New York. This facility will manufacture aluminum cans for the beverage industry. This position will transport inventory and materials (both raw materials and finished goods) throughout both the operation floor and warehouse areas at this high-speed state-of-the-art metal packaging manufacturing facility. Other responsibilities would include but not be limited to the following:
Ensures all equipment, guards, and safety devices are in place at all times, and follows safe work procedures and safety rules
Operates powered industrial trucks to transport inventory and load tractor trailers for shipment.
Transports inventory in warehouse to correct locations and stages orders for shipment.
Understands daily production schedule and corresponds with mgmt. leads, and coworkers accordingly
Performs visual inspection of aluminum cans and packaging quality
Monitors schedules, equipment, or processes, and reports problems to supervisor
Assists with Material Movers (Line drivers) or other forklift operations when necessary
Follows all SOP’s (standard operating procedures) and communicates with proper personnel as concerns or issues arise
Assist Quality Assurance in locating pallets for sampling
Keeps equipment and all areas safe, clean, and organized through proper housekeeping
Performs other related duties as required
This position will also develop standard operating procedures; provide training for equipment operation and reinforce all safety procedures.
Requirements for these positions would include but not be limited to the following:
• A high school diploma or equivalent with 3+ years working forklift experience in a manufacturing setting (high-speed manufacturing is preferred).
• Effective record keeping skills and the ability to focus on details.
• Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks at the same time.
• Effective and proven communication skills (both written and verbal) working in a team environment.
• A valid U.S. passport and the ability to travel domestically and possible internationally for training for the first one or two months with the Company.
• Must be able to work twelve (12) hour shifts, both day and evening.
• Must have the ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds on occasion and regularly stand, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. This position may also require climbing or balancing.
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to ourTrust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 4798
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.