Be a part of a tight-knit group with an incredible leadership team! We focus on a people first culture and an entrepreneurial environment. Competitive salary and a great bonus plan. Actively hiring for full time fully remote position.
The Underwriters play an important role in the organization by performing a number of activities related to the company's retail operations functions. The role is primarily responsible, under intermittent supervision, for underwriting conventional, FHA, and USDA loans according to company, secondary market investor, and government agency standards. This includes ensuring all tax, title, insurance, and closing documentation associated with the loan applications are accurate and complete, and approving or denying loan applications based on compliance with underwriting standards and risk management factors.
- Review and evaluate loan documents to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with company standards, federal and agency standards and guidelines, as well as any applicable state-specific and or local regulations, ordinances, etc.
- Analyze customer's loan-to-value ratio, debt-to-income ratio, credit report, application, income and assets, source(s) of down payment funds, and supporting documentation to identify potential fraud or misrepresentation.
- Review appraisals to ensure that loans meet secondary market, investor, and company standards.
- Work with Loan Processors and Loan Officers on collecting information and documentation necessary to finalize incomplete loan packages.
- Determine if additional documentation or information would aid loan decision; request additional documentation or information accordingly.
- Provide options and recommendations to borrowers regarding suitable loan programs.
- Stay abreast of current regulations and industry trends that affect compliance and decision-making.
- Verify that system input is accurate and that company systems match Automated Underwriting System (AUS).
Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college courses/technical training related to Business, Finance/Accounting, Legal, or related field is preferred, along with total recent work experience that includes three or more years underwriting conventional loans, along with at least one year experience underwriting FHA loans.
- Direct Endorsement (DE) certification required; must have current certification(s) for any assigned region with state-specific requirements to originate/supervise loans.
- Detailed knowledge of overall mortgage lending processes, including underwriting, funding, and loan processing.
- Detailed knowledge of valid documentation related to the processing consumer mortgage applications (e.g., tax returns, financial statements and records, verification of income and deposits, etc.).
- Detailed knowledge of underwriting and regulatory requirements; detailed knowledge of federal, state, and regulatory requirements/guidelines related to consumer mortgage lending and internal processes and controls.
- Ability to think critically, including the ability to evaluate facts and data to draw conclusions, and determine the downstream impact of decisions and associated risks.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Intermediate math skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong detail orientation and highly organized.
Prior experience using internal data entry systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and PDF/Document Retention programs
Please contact Paetyn Dreckman directly at
, text, or email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Mortgage Underwriter
, for more information on this position.
All inquiries are strictly confidential.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 30 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.