To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY 10016
- Bartech Resumes
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Bartech Group • New York, NY
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
If you are an experienced Equipment Engineer looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some over the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for an Equipment Engineer. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties as an Equipment Engineer will include:
Central Office Field Engineering:
- You will perform detailed equipment engineering for the Domestic US Intelligent Edge Network (in), Unified Transport Core network.
- You will engineer and manage the creation of Detail Engineering Designs for technologies associated with Core networks including: Multi-Service Edge (MSE), Core, Transit Label and gateway routers; core network Ethernet switches & servers, and the supporting host of network ancillary and infrastructure equipment.
- Engineer detailed, often complex, technical instructions for new and existing technologies; specify and order equipment/cables/hardware.
- Coordinate/project manage project specific installation designs and physical installations.
- Engineer/manage database (ICON, CoFEE, and Nautilus) updates, equipment configurations, card/port assignments/requirements, power mapping, cable running lists, floor space and rack placement, and detailed Bill of Material (BOM).
- Interface with Operations and other Implementation organizations to obtain critical pre-engineering information, site specific data as well as redlines and other end of job information.
- Ensure that all engineering documentation (including ICON, and CoFEE) is accurate and up-to-date for use by Install, Test, Implementation, Operations, and Provisioning, Planning, Network Capacity Management, and Audit groups.
As an Equipment Engineer you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree with a focus in the area of engineering or other technical discipline.
- Five or more years of experience in telecom with equipment engineering experience.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly motivated, work independently, customer focused with organizational and leadership skills to push all projects to completion, using conflict resolution, facilitation, solution-driven analysis, superior communication and project methodology.
- Understanding of telecom networks and related equipment.
- Demonstrated Excellent Excel, Word and other Microsoft application skills.
As an Equipment Engineer with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 40 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for Equipment Engineer Position may include (but are not limited to):
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
Make the most of your experience!
Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.
Keywords: Equipment, Engineer, Provision, Implement, Telecom