$60000.00 to $80000.00 yearly
If you're looking for work as a full-time Staff Accountant, this terrific professional services firm might have a job for you! If you want to advance your career, you could receive strong compensation and excellent benefits in this position! A thriving, fast-paced company that recognizes talent and effort is working with Robert Half Finance to find ambitious, detail-oriented Staff Accountant candidates. This company, based in the Long Beach, California area, offers a challenging and multi-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded. This position is for candidates with the ability to prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation and be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. This position will participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules reporting processes. This position is ideal for someone with a complex understanding of Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets.
- Organize schedules for monthly payments and capital lease
- Compose analyses for income statements and monthly balance sheets for management reporting
- Partake in a variety of department-wide initiatives
- Regularly maintain and reconcile journal entries
- Thorough experience with month end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Upon request, take part in special projects and impromptu reporting
- Perform the month end close and produce journal entries under minimal supervision
- Maintain depreciation, fixed asset ledgers, and reconciliation
- Handle intercompany transactions, billings, and reconciliation
- Support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process by preparing monthly financial close workbooks
- Implement, maintain, and adhere to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Compose thorough journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Organize and review various financial data, then report it in a manner that is useful and understandable
Compensation for the Staff Accountant position is between $60,000 and $80,000 DOE plus discretionary bonus and a very competitive benefits package. For confidential consideration, please email your resume to Email blocked - click to apply
. If you're currently working with another direct hire recruiter at Robert Half, please send them this JO number (00460-0011051204) to expedite the process.
- Strong analytical capabilities and discernment
- Proficiency in financial statement preparation
- Bookkeeping experience
- General ledger experience required
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Knowledgeable of ERP systems
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Great attention to detail
- 5+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.