To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Plano, TX 75024
- Darryl Huang
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Randstad USA • Plano, TX
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
A Fortune 100 organization located in the Plano, Texas area is looking for a Transportation Planner for a 1 year contract position that has load planning and execution experience working in a high volume environment.
The Transportation Planner is responsible for collecting daily shipping load requirements from multiple sources and locations (Purchase orders/Bill of Lading/etc.) and schedule transportation and insure timely delivery.
location: Plano, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Collect daily shipping load requirements from multiple sources and locations (IBTs/Purchase Orders/Bill of Lading/ Cooler Services); schedule transportation and insure the timely delivery of the company s freight to a multi-regional geographic area.
- These tasks will be accomplished using Transportation Drivers and Common Carriers SAP Transportation Management System (manual process of emails phones and TMS system (IT software for tendering loads).
- Use PC data based products to manage Driver routing schedules plant dock times and to optimize system efficiencies and freight costs. Work with Carriers on a partnership bases to include exchange of performance reports and on time schedules.
- Communicate with all company locations to manage Fleet movements; communicate Carrier arrival times for lading dock schedules and resolve open issues related to movement of product between locations.
- Perform compliance audits consisting of a visual verification that IBT s are maximized for payload efficient equipment utilization and driver utilization.
- Tendering Loads by phone email or TMS system management to Carriers Use SAP for trip completion and other transportation related duties Coordinate continuous movements between company locations
- Create daily Transport Driver shipping schedule Communication with plants for Driver capacity and dock schedule
- Other duties as assigned such as KBI s Transportation Compliance Audits
- Must be very well versed in Excel Must be able to analyze data Must be able to work autonomously at times
- 7 years' related experience in transportation planning; Must be comfortable communicating with carriers and have impeccable follow up skills
- Must have a minimum of an Associates Degree in Supply Chain or Logistics or other related field of study
- Must have excellent MS Excel skills; SAP experience is a huge plus or experience using a Transportation Management System. Must be detailed and have strong communication skills both oral and written; Must be comfortable communicating with carriers, managers, vendors, etc.
Click to Apply
skills: Purchase Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.