To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elkhart, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Quality Food Safety Supervisor
Bimbo Bakeries USA • Elkhart, IN
Posted 9 days ago
Directs, coordinates and controls the sanitation function within all the bakery operations. Responsible for the sanitary condition of the plant through plant management and supervisors, ensuring good sanitation practices and cost-effective programs. Implements sanitation and programs and procedures toward the objective of producing bakery products free of extraneous material and bacterial or other contamination, and complying with all regulatory and industry standards.
Responsibility to ensure and maintain a food-safe environment through compliance with all requirements of programs/policies for Food Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP, Quality, Workplace Safety, IPM, OSHA, Environmental, and as required by Plant, Company, Local, State and Federal mandates or programs.
•Supports General Plant Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices with an understanding that these are absolutes and are Priority #1. Ensuring that General safety and Food Safety are absolute priorities by setting an example to others.
•Ensures that Product Quality is an absolute priority by utilizing IPM, plant teams, and outside resources.
•Supports the food sanitation program at all producing plants and other facilities, supporting company quality objectives, regulatory compliance and cost effectiveness.
•Recommends to management any necessary changes in production methods or programs to elevate food sanitation, consistent with company policies and procedures.
•Continually reviews sanitation procedures, standards and policies to ensure adherence to local, state and federal laws and codes governing safety, sanitation and labor relations. Assists and accompanies all federal, state, local and private regulatory inspectors.
•Supports the sanitation programs at facility through training, scheduling, cleaning procedures, pest control procedures and methods and effective records maintenance.
•Assists in the implementation of employee training in sanitation procedures and safety matters as required by OSHA, SB 198 e.g. Hazardous Communication, Confined Space, Lock-Out/Tag-Out training and Fork-lift Training.
•Assists in conducting monthly in-house inspections at facility and any other ad-hoc audits in preparation for outside audits.
•Trains and assists Quality Control in proper inspection and storage of incoming ingredients for evidence of insect infestation or any other extraneous matter.
•Assists in coordinating food safety procedures between Quality Control, Production and Shipping.
•Trains and provides direction and leadership to the Sanitation hourly associates.
•Ensure completion of Sanitation and cleaning according to frequencies on cleaning schedule in accordance with Standard Operating Cleaning Procedures
•Schedule bulk deliveries according to Production needs
•Responsible for maintaining records via Oracle and organized office filing (ex: COA’s, Specification Sheets, etc.)
•Ensure accurate weekly inventory count by verifying data and entering into Oracle. Communicating with Plant Cost Accountant as needed to ensure accurate data before weekly launch.
•In the event of absence, fill-in for Sanitation Department Head which includes performing assigned tasks as well as attending staff meetings in their place.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Specialized or Technical training which may be obtained in specialized food industry institutions or equivalent work experience.
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
• Three or more years of Sanitation experience in a Food Processing/Manufacturing environment, preferably a bakery.
• AIB International Food Safety training desired
• Experience with SQF/BRC
• Effective communication and leadership skills.
• Reasonable accommodation may be made for those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe environment through compliance of all Company, Local, State and Federal mandates or programs.
• Create a Continuous Improvement environment by improving products, service, and processes with the objective to reduce waste within the Region while striving for efficiency and profitability.