Do you enjoy finance, technology, or analytics? Do you love problem solving, synthesizing information, investigative data analysis and have a "sixth sense" for anticipating risks?
We are seeking inquisitive, analytical, collaborative, detail-oriented team players who have a passion to learn in a global company and are ready to make an immediate impact! What does "auditing" involve you may ask? It's a critical role that examines a company's internal business, technology, and operational practices to ensure they follow regulations and expected MetLife policies and procedures. More importantly, this role assesses how well a company is managing and reporting their finances. Investors, shareholders, and customers all count on internal auditors to help provide them with confidence in the company's financial statements.
There are various intern positions across our audit department - Finance, Compliance, IT Audit, and Data Analytics. You may also have the opportunity to work on international projects during this internship, so if you've always wanted to know how it feels to work in a true global company this is the internship opportunity for you!
This is a hybrid internship opportunity. Interns will be expected to go to their designated office three days per week and work from home two days per week.
Approximate Pay Rate Per Hour: $23 - 28 per hour based on location
Auditing (Finance, Compliance, IT)
* Assists in the review of internal business, technology, and/or operational practices to ensure they follow regulations and expected MetLife policies and procedures.
* Assists in the request and documentation of meetings and performance of audit testing, which may include the use of data analytics techniques to support test procedures.
* Assists in the preparation of audit findings and the development of audit reports, including participation in discussions with audit management and the business stakeholder as necessary.
* Participates consultatively in developing issue resolutions to the extent possible.
* Collaborate with stakeholders to understand and document project requirements
* Obtain, prepare, and analyze data sets to draw insights to support audit decisions
* Create visualization dashboards for effective storytelling
* Refine analytics based on user feedback, enhanced functional or business requirements, and automation needs
* Participates in projects, completing assigned tasks and responsibilities within budget and agreed-upon timelines
* Proactively communicates progress and challenges (if any) to team members and stakeholders
* Consults with clients in developing action plans to resolve control issues or risks
* Maintains a positive working relationship with fellow auditors and auditees; sustains ongoing relationships with key business contacts
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong analytical, deductive, and problem-solving skills
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
* Major in Business, Information Technology, Data Science or Accounting
* Minimum Cumulative GPA of 3.0
* Rising Senior (Graduation Date Range: December 2023 - May 2024)
Multiple locations available including:
* Bridgewater, NJ
* Cary, NC
* New York, NY
* Tampa, FL
- Attention To Detail
- Business Relationship Management