Lead Teller I - Capital City Bank - More than your bank. Your banker.
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This is an entry level supervisory position that manages Teller associates in conformance with established Bank policies and procedures. Responsible for the efficient operation of the Teller area. Ensures clients are served promptly and the Teller line balances at the end of each day. Provides leadership in delivery of consistent, predictable and exceptional client experiences and refers additional services and products to clients. Motivates and leads team to achieve goals and objectives. Supports all aspects of the office in union with the Client Experience Manager (CXM) while leading through influence and driving the associate experience. Partners with Client Experience Manager, Internal Control Specialist (ICS) and Regional Experience Manager (RXM) to achieve service and sales goals of office. Responsible for own Teller drawer.
* Teller Experience Supervisor I will manage a headcount of 3 or less associates.
* Teller Experience Supervisor II will manage a headcount of 4 to 6 associates.
* Teller Experience Supervisor III will manage a headcount of 7 or more associates.
All associates at Capital City Bank have access to confidential client information and must practice discretion at all times.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead a team of Tellers and serve as an example of providing an excellent client experience including building relationships and engaging clients in needs based conversation.
* Responsible for new Teller training in the office, as well as continuation of ongoing training of Bank transaction policies and procedures. Complies with Training Check List, Teller Certification Check List, and Accountability Chart.
* Coach, mentor, and provide feedback to the team utilizing performance management tools to attract, retain, and develop talent in the office.
* Assist the CXM in performance management and new hire selection.
* Maintains Teller performance standards, ensuring adherence to standards, including investigating and reporting and tracking overage or shortages in accordance to internal policies and procedures.
* Support the Teller line in escalated client complaints and concerns and work with the CXM, as needed, for resolution.
* Provide solutions to our clients while identifying opportunities and acting on them. Coaches Tellers on same.
* Prepares and conducts reviews for Tellers; makes salary recommendations.
* Ensures compliance with cash targets established for office through CETO system.
* Performs weekly/bi-weekly cash duties in compliance with procedures.
* Ensures adequacy of currency in ordering and balancing for office.
* Performs all principle duties and responsibilities of a Teller as needed.
Employer determines the essential functions of the job.
All associates must understand and adhere to the non-negotiable Banker Standards and commit to practicing SGNNT at all times. Associates will consistently follow policies and procedures as established by Capital City Bank, with department managers setting the standard.
* In the absence of the CXM, acts in support of the entire office, beyond the Teller line
* Attends Delivery management meetings as required
* Meets production goals defined by CXM and Bank
* Responsible for overrides, as applicable
* Ensures security functions are completed timely including all clear signal, security alarm testing, separation audits, open/close procedures, over/short GL review
* Provides oversight of key/combo log
* Maintains error rates within specified guidelines
* Provides additional support to manager and department colleagues
* Completes all assigned/required Bank training within established timelines
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) Required
The following KSAs are usually acquired through post high school education with 2 years supervisory or 1 year management experience.
* Effective management and supervisory practices
* Ability to communicate effectively and interact positively with clients, associates and business partners
* Ability to follow detailed instructions and a wide range of procedures, requiring some independent judgment
* Demonstrable sales experience
* Requires concentration to avoid mistakes in counting cash
* Ability to perform basic mathematical computations using various business machines and/or computers.
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time
* Ability to print legibly and accurately on forms and records
* Must have attained the age of 18 for coverage under insurance bond
High school diploma or equivalent. Relevant experience may substitute for the education requirement.
* Lobby/professional environment.
* Regular contact with clients, associates, Client Experience Manager, Internal Control Specialist, support staff and business partners.
* Lifting of heavy coins.
* Position requires standing, stooping, kneeling, and squatting.
* Receiving currency from all sources causes environment to be slightly unclean.
* In the rare instance of a major or extensive natural disaster, epidemic or pandemic occurrence, or other disruption within our footprint, it may be necessary for associates to relocate or telecommute before, during or after, to ensure business continuity.
Capital City Bank associates are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
* Medical, Dental and Vision *Life Insurance *401(k) with Matching *Flexible Spending Accounts *Tuition Assistance *Stock Purchase *Discounts on Products and Services
EOE/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Drug Free
The above declarations are not intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT. This job description does not restrict Capital City Bank from the ability to assign, reassign or eliminate duties and responsibilities of this job at any time. This job description describes the current assignment of essential functions. These functions may change at any time as the needs of the Bank or department change or for other reasons deemed appropriate.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Relationship Management
- Internal Controls