Carlson Design Group is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Electrical Engineer to join our Engineering team and be a part of a new expanding business. The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for both design and third party review on projects of different sizes, complexity and industries.
Carlson's market focus is Mission Critical, Light Industrial, Financial Services and Commercial.
Our Design Philosophy
- We take pride in our ability to listen, to understand and to execute. We seek to provide solutions that are compelling, well crafted, technically sound, resilient, and fiscally responsible.
- We see the design process as a collaboration among our Architects, Engineers, Client's Stakeholders and expanded project teams.
- We strive to create environments that are responsive to their context, their function and most importantly to the people who own, occupy and work within them.
- We stay current with advancements in our industry. Taking the opportunity to elevate each design solution through incorporation of products, processes and techniques that benefit the success of the project.
What we offer:
- Career planning, development & growth in pursuit of advancement in the engineering field and
- Industry-leading training programs
- Access to cutting edge technologies
- Exposure to complex and sophisticated project types
Why Carlson Design Group:
- Part of a large organization with award-winning projects, yet small enough for you to have an impact
- Strong values which are the foundation of our growth
- International, regional and local recognition for stand-out projects, safety, sustainability, culture, wellness and diversity practice
- Create new design standards for customers that are repeatable in other projects.
- Provide accepted value added engineering and alternative solutions for the customer.
- Design projects within the customer's budget.
- Prepare Energy Calculations and Lighting Calculations
- Perform third party technical review of design documents for compliance.
- Participate in the development of design solutions on new business development proposals.
- Provide Contract Administration Services (RFI's, Change orders, etc.)
- Coordination of designs with other disciplines and vendors to provide a cohesive system to the customer.
- Conduct field inspections and condition assessments of the building electrical, security, fire, alarm systems.
- Prepare design sketches, Construction Documents and specifications in compliance with project program, building design and budget.
- Responsible for completeness and accuracy of construction documents and coordination with other disciplines.
- Coordinate with contractors, owner's consultants and vendors during both the design and construction phases of a project.
- 8 years minimum experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration
- Experience with office buildings, R&D, Industrial, and / or Mission Critical sectors
- Experience with AutoCAD required, experience with Revit preferred
- Experience in Design Build Environments a plus
Walbridge is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, status as an individual with a disability, military, or protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning career development, recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment.