To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- West Columbia, SC 29169
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Valmont Industries, Inc. • West Columbia, SC
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Forklift Operator position in the West Columbia, SC Coatings Division. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will operate a forklift and other lifting and moving equipment in a safe and efficient manner to deliver on-time, high quality Valmont products. Additionally, you will…
- Demonstrate excellent judgment in estimating and executing appropriate size lifts
- Unload and load steel hauling trucks for customers and company
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently, protecting self and others from accident and injury
- Document, count, and verify customer piece counts for shipping and receiving
- Manage paperwork to properly identify incoming materials and outgoing products in accordance with established product control systems and shipping orders
- Ensure the accuracy of the computers inventory system and the physical location and organization of inventory
- Wear required Personal Protective Equipment and follow facility safety regulations
What it takes
- One year of previous experience operating a forklift in a professional environment
- The ability to perform basic math functions such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- Excellent hand and eye coordination with 20/20 corrected vision
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
- The ability to be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, non-toxic fumes and airborne particles, blowing dust, toxic or caustic chemicals, proximity to extreme heat, and moving mechanical parts
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- One year of previous experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- The ability to identify and communicate maintenance or product problems to departmental supervision
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].