Monro, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest auto service companies and major tire retailer. We own and operate more than 1,200 stores in 32 states and our stock trades on the Nasdaq (MNRO). The Monro family of brands includes some the most recognizable names in the industry—Monro Auto Service and Tire Centers, Mr. Tire, Tire Choice, amongst many more regional chains. Our dominance is driven by teammates who strive to provide a five-star experience and deliver consistent value to our guests and shareholders. At Monro, we understand that a 5-star guest experience begins with a 5-star teammate experience. In fact, we’re currently investing more than $100 million in store improvements, new technology, and career development through our own Monro University training platform.
Destination Monro – Your Career is Here!
Do you have what it takes to shape a better future for yourself and the automotive service industry? Our vision is to be America’s leading auto and tire centers, trusted by consumers as the best place in our neighborhoods for quality automotive maintenance and repairs. We’re looking for motivated individuals at every stage in their career who share our vision. Positions are available in our retail locations across our many brands, in field management, and in store operations at our Store Support Center in Rochester, New York. If you like helping others, as much as you like working on cars; if you enjoy being part of a team, solving problems, and building guest relationships; if you value honesty and integrity - we have a Destination for you at Monro. Contact us to learn more. Destination Monro! – Your career is here.
Pay: $19.00-$32.00 per hour. Pay is based on experience.
This role is eligible for additional compensation and incentives
Responsible for the efficient, diagnosis, repair and maintenance of Guest’s vehicles, the Automotive Technician position is a great way to start your career at Monro. Starting day 1 you will begin a comprehensive Technician training program, covering all aspects of your new role, while preparing you for the next. As an Automotive Technician for Monro, you will be an essential team member, performing repair services on Guest vehicles. More importantly, you will be part of a team working together to deliver 5 Star Guest experiences, while using your Technician skills to take care of people, their cars and ensure our guests have safe, reliable transportation.
- Perform brakes, suspension, tire installation, scheduled maintenance, and all manner of automotive repairs and maintenance, that you are qualified to perform
- Secure our guests approval to perform the work as a result of the diagnosis; and always maintain a clean, neat work area
- Complete thorough automotive vehicle inspections on every vehicle you service and perform any repairs and maintenance
- Test drive guest vehicles and use our shop truck in a safe manner to pick up inventory as needed
- Collaborate with teammates and provide leadership to General Service Technicians
- High school or GED equivalent.
- 2+ years of automotive technician experience
- Valid Driver License
- Own a basic set of automotive tools or participate in tool purchase program.
- Ability to work with hands overhead, stand for long periods and lift 50 lbs.
- Guest and team focused mindset
- Have and maintain an Automotive Technician State Inspector’s license, where applicable.
- ASE automotive certification in at least one of A1-A8
- Automotive Technician State Inspector License
- Automotive technical school certificate/degree
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Discounts
- Career Development
Your next Destination!
At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. Our teammates receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers them to advance to the next level of their careers.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Automotive Industry
- Monitoring And Installation Of Braking Systems
- Team Working
- Suspension (Vehicle)