To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mobile, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Networking Engineering Manager
Red Lion Controls, Inc. • Mobile, AL
Posted 21 days ago
As the global experts in communication, monitoring and control for industrial automation and networking, Red Lion Controls has been delivering innovative solutions to customers for over forty years. Our automation, Ethernet and cellular M2M technology enables companies worldwide to gain real-time data visibility that drives productivity.
The position of Networking Engineering Manager leads a group of engineers and technicians responsible for the design of industrial networking equipment. This Engineering leader will manage a team of software engineers responsible for design, development, unit testing, maintenance, and internal documentation of embedded networking products. This position reports to the VP of Engineering
Essential Job Functions
- Provides direct and ongoing leadership for a team of individual contributors designing and developing new products, enhancements and updates. and coordinating projects for networking software.
- Assess project feasibility, analyze the resource needs and delegate tasks as required for delivering schedules, and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
- Communicates project status and escalates issues to direct managers, program managers, and internal and external development partners.
- Lead the team in cross-engineering project plans with hardware engineers to ensure projects delivered on time and meet expectations of customers.
- Drive the team in development and implementation of stage-gating process for software and product development
- Develops, tests, and documents software systems to specification.
- Performs reviews of team members’ designs, code, and documentation.
- Carries out other duties as assigned as business needs require.
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or electronics related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10-15+ years of professional experience developing complex software systems on multiple platforms. Software development experience in C++ is required.
- Experience in programming applications for real-time embedded systems. Linux experience with OS kernel, driver development and applications is required.
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, and conflict resolution
- Knowledge of automated test techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and electronics, and awareness of the constraints of embedded systems.
- Ability to develop highly reliable and robust software
- Experience developing test applications and automated test frameworks.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with software engineering tools for design documentation, revision control, issue tracking, and project scheduling. Experience with Git and Jira preferred.
- Ability to take initiative and carry out project tasks with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates oral and written communication skill to effectively interface with all levels of Company management and staff, customers and outside business contacts.
- Must have a basic understanding of Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficiency with English language both written and verbal communication.
- Strong problem solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work as a team member to creatively and cooperatively solve problems and complete tasks.
- Manages a team of 5-10 direct reports
- Experience with software engineering tools for design documentation, revision control, issue tracking, and project scheduling. Experience with agile project management tools and maintaining source code repositories preferred.
- Experience developing network products (layer 2 or layer 3 products)
- Experience with multiple RTOSs.
- Experience with Linux DSA Architecture
- Experience with SDN and intent based networking.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.