To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hattiesburg, MS
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Industrial Project Engineer
Sirius Technical Services • Hattiesburg, MS
Posted 1 month ago
Sirius Technical Services is seeking an Industrial Project Engineer in the Southern Mississippi area for a direct hire/permanent position.
Involved in all engineering functions in engine assembly driving continuous improvements, lean principles and events, productivity efficiencies, material flow planning, & cost reduction initiatives. Aids in creation of and integrity of all process documentation, work content information, job rate structure and adjustments, and implements new parts, processes, or modifications to engine specification Bills of Material into active products. Develop procedures for engine assembly processes across multiple product lines that will yield quality products through robust processes to meet customer expectations. Analyze existing processes and propose/implement changes to improve quality or reduce cost of engines.
1. Reviews all new engine specifications for Design validation runs and production runs to ensure the proper component callouts match planned production intent, validate correct corresponding components match customer and engine specifications.
2. Reviews and completes, in conjunction with appropriate Manufacturing Engineer for the product, all engineering change requests to any current specs in the plant operations and marketing portfolio for the products produced at the Hattiesburg facility. Also ensures that all change requests are documented and communicated to appropriate operations and support personnel. Validates that correct processes and components are implemented on planned effectivity dates.
3. Develop and maintain labor staffing documentation by engine specifications and product lines. Review staffing requirements with operations, engineering and material planning teams in order to optimize labor productivity. Calculate correct labor rates by engine specification and maintain accurate rates and routings into SAP.
4. Using lean manufacturing concepts and tools, analyze present manufacturing sequence of operations and suggest and implement changes in method, machines, machine layouts, and material storage and flow plans. These changes should reduce cost and/or improve product flow to assure maximum quantity and quality from production equipment.
5. Assess process work distribution and line balance. Use time and motion study tools to improve assembly productivity. Optimize line efficiency for assembly rates required to hit targeted plans and forecast.
6. Works with materials teams and operations to develop and optimize material flow plans, line side presentation, racking designs, and work station design.
7. Conceives and plans engineering tasks to explore process issues and drive resolution through effective problem-solving techniques and action planning.
8. Works through receiving general direction but exercises discretion as to personal work details.
9. Develop Capital Planning Projects to improve capacity and product quality and reduce costs. Provide effective verbal and written communication to justify.
10. Execute plant ISO procedures for process change follow-up and post audits, along with providing technical guidance to other engineers and technicians.
11. Personally demonstrate and drive the Core Competencies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Engineering Technology or similar technical discipline is required.
Candidate must have at least 2 or more years of work experience in a technical and complex industry of manufacturing components and systems. Experience with manufacturing of technical components and systems in a high paced production environment preferred.
Time and motion study experience in a high volume manufacturing environment is required. Excellent skills with MS Office required. SAP experience, knowledge of/experience with manufacturing simulation software, problem solving, or experience in production of small engines or equivalent technology is considered a plus.
Interested candidates should send resumes to email@example.com and/or reach out directly for additional information.
Senior Technical Recruiter