Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Personnel Security Specialist I/Adjudicator
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. Government, its allied partners and international organizations. As it enters its 60th year of business, PAE’s current portfolio of service offerings includes capabilities in training, logistics, aviation support, facility operations and maintenance, range services, security solutions, information management and support services, litigation support and data analytics to support complex missions for customers around the world. Today, the approximately 15,000 members of our global workforce perform with excellence and dedication in approximately 60 countries, on all seven continents, in some of the world's most challenging regions. We attribute our success to the quality of our work and the integrity and high ethical standards that define our business operations. PAE is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia.
The Personnel Security Specialist I provides administrative and technical support for a staff engaged in personnel security operations and assuring the implementation and compliance with security programs, policies, and requirements. In addition, this position is responsible for first level adjudicative recommendations on both interim and final decisions. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM until 5:00 PM eastern time, in Washington, D.C.
Provides personnel and administrative support of the overall operational objectives for the client, the individual's specific duties are as follows, but are not limited to:
- Reviews entire case file and makes a suitability/fitness recommendation based on the criteria found in the OPM Suitability Processing Handbook and 5CFR731, and within established time frames;
- Identifies issues requiring resolution and recommends resolution methodology;
- Conducts pre-employment inquiries as necessary to resolve issues;
- Documents adjudicative recommendations in a clear and concise manner for second level review;
- Drafts correspondence in the form of Letters of Interrogatory, Adjudicative Worksheets, and Notices of Proposed Action for second level review;
- Conducts status checks on background investigations utilizing the automated OPM Personnel Investigations Processing System (PIPS);
- Provides advice and assistance regarding personnel security processing;
- Assists in developing and implementing policies and procedures;
- Assists in training Federal and new contractor staff; and,
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times and in all manner of communication with internal and external personnel.
Minimum Experience & Education
- With a Bachelor’s Degree, this position requires two years of suitability adjudicative experience.
- With no degree, this position requires four years of suitability adjudicative experience.
- Must possess a favorably adjudicated background investigation completed within the last five years at the BI, Tier 4 level or SSBI, Tier 5 level; and be able to maintain the favorable result throughout employment on the contract.
- Have successfully completed or be willing to attend, formal training in suitability adjudications towards adjudicator certification in compliance with National Training Standards established by OPM.
- Be detail oriented and have excellent office and organizational skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Programs and desktop publishing application software and hardware.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to elicit detailed information from a variety of sources necessary to evaluate an individual’s conduct and character.
- Good customer service skills and demonstrated ability to interact with a variety of people.
- Practical knowledge of commonly applied personnel security principles, concepts, and methodologies in carrying out a variety of support assignments.
- Ability and be willing to learn the basic functions and operations of all systems associated with personnel security processing.
- Must be highly organized and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply