To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- South Plainfield, NJ 07080
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
STERIS Corporation • South Plainfield, NJ
Posted 5 days ago
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Provides administrative support for facility management. May perform or oversee the performance of activities involved with employee resources, payroll, accounts payable, invoicing, facility purchasing, office equipment maintenance, sales support and other office functions as directed by supervision. May oversee the work of other office personnel. Maintains confidentiality of information when appropriate.
- Assists Plant Manager and/or Sales Representative by maintaining sales files, contracts, price sheets, mailings, market research; provides Customers with facility information brochures; prepares invoices for services; coordinates travel arrangements for visitors, Customers, and facility staff.
- Administers and controls Customer invoicing through maintenance of price book, performing data entry; and creating batch and monthly payment records.
- Contributes to financial control by collecting and maintaining the account receivables to include Customer master list, aging report and invoice list; creating Customer correspondence, purchase orders and contracts; referring difficult Customer issues to appropriate location Managers; monitoring office/sales supplies and ordering new supplies within budgetary constraints; maintaining accounts payable records, issuing check requests; controlling petty cash; and providing various accounting reports to facility management.
- Conducts purchasing function by receiving purchasing requisitions, issuing purchasing orders; maintains vendor files, quotes catalogs and logs books; controls office supply inventory.
- Contributes to employee record keeping and morale by assuring the accurate and timely completion of payroll change notices; maintains an inventory of benefits and other personnel related forms.
- Maintains facility office equipment by reporting malfunctions to vendors if applicable; ordering repair service, referring major equipment replacement decisions to immediate supervision.
- Assists in maintaining facility levels of office support by performing other office functions and serving as back-up to other office personnel if applicable and as directed by supervision; oversee the work and performance levels of other office personnel if applicable.
- Communicates in an effective manner by utilizing accepted business practices in a courteous and professional manner providing timely and accurate responses and service oriented offers of assistance.
- Contributes to maintaining a safe and clean working environment by performing routine area housekeeping and reporting any unsafe conditions to facility management.
- Protects company confidential information by properly storing, retrieving and disseminating such information only to those authorized.
- Exhibits a commitment to the AST shared values of Customer Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement through ensuring defect-free workmanship, assisting others to meet the Customer’s needs, searching for efficient and effective ways to reduce waste, being active and accountable for Customer satisfaction, and satisfying the Customer’s needs with a sense of urgency.
- Contributes in a team effort by performing according to the guidelines outlined in the STERIS Code of Business Conduct, the GMP, Lean principles and other directives; supports the directives and decisions of higher level management and performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of five (5) years experience as an Administrative Assistant or similar position encompassing human resources administrative, clerical and accounting duties, or similar position. Six (6) months experience in the use of spreadsheets and word-processing applications.
- Ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate, occasionally making oral presentations to groups of people.
- Ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision.
- Requires computer literacy to include word processing, spreadsheet and software capabilities.
- Requires a minimum of Level 2 math skills (four basic arithmetic functions in all units of measurement, decimals ratios, rates, percentages).
- Effective interpersonal skills as demonstrated through prior experience.
- Ability to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
- Requires normal hearing range sufficient to hear alarms, bells, horns, etc.
STERIS is a $2B+, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.