Job Description Trusted. Innovative. Bold. Values that radiate throughout BAE Systems as one of the largest defense contractors in the world. With our mission-focused and inclusive approach, the BAE Systems Intelligence & Security (I&S) sector is searching for a Forensic Examiner to join the Enterprise IT Solutions (EITS) team. The EITS team supports the many efforts of our defense and intelligence customers to solve complex technical challenges. We need you on our team to help protect national security that our world depends on each and every day. With your skillset, you will speed up the development time spent creating critical tools that our warfighters need to protect our military. Are you curious about what it is like to be a part of an innovative company that values their employees and is trusted to make a difference in the DoD? Stop wondering, be bold. Join us. BAE Systems seeks to support employees and our company understands the critical element of balance. Providing employees with flexibility and mentorship allows teams to succeed. BAE Systems was previously named one of America's Best Large Employers by Forbes, recently named a "Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality," by the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index and recognized as a "Best Place to Work" by the Disability Equality Index in 2022. Successful candidates who are newly hired to BAE Systems are eligible to receive a sign on bonus of $5,000. Details of this sign on bonus will be provided in the offer letter. Relocation is available for qualified candidates. DC3 positions are hybrid roles. You will be on-site for the first 2-3 weeks for equipment issue, access to resources, and familiarization. After that initial on-site time, anticipate being on-site 3 days per week with flexibility. Candidates need to be located local to the worksite, but will be able to participate in hybrid remote work. BAE Systems is looking for a Senior Forensic Examiner to examine a wide variety of digital media types that may hold evidence in support of counterintelligence investigations. Candidates will apply their technical and professional skillsets to analyze data from various sources and prepare documentation for courtroom presentation.
RESPONSIBILITIES: * Examine computer hard drives, storage devices, cell phones, and any other electronic devices that may hold evidence that could be used in a court of law.
* Utilize tools such as EnCase, FTK, and Xways to perform forensic examinations.
* Perform forensic analysis of digital information, and gather and handle evidence.
* Perform a variety of forensic and electronic discovery services, including digital evidence preservation, forensic analysis, data recovery, electronic mail extraction, and database examination.
* Perform D/MM forensics examinations, analysis, and techniques for LE/CI investigations; forensic litigation, including report writing, expert witness testimony, discovery, and chain of custody; conducting both technical and administrative reviews of expert forensic reports.
* Support investigation of computer fraud or other electronic crimes, cracks files and system passwords, detects steganography and recovers deleted, fragmented and corrupted data from digital media of all types.
* Observe proper evidence custody and control procedures.
* Document procedures and findings in a manner suitable for courtroom presentation
* Prepare comprehensive written notes and reports.
* May be required to testify in federal/military court as an expert witness. Required Education, Experience, & Skills * Active Top Secret clearance with SCI . The criteria for obtaining and holding a clearance are driven by US government requirements.
* BS with 5 or more years of experience; MS with 3 or more years of experience; or PhD * Strong organizational skills, with the ability to thrive and excel in a sense-of-urgency environments
* Excellent attention to detail
* Experience with evidence custody and control procedures
* Experience analyzing various devices and data sources for evidence related to investigations
* Proven ability to clearly write and communicate in formal settings
* Some travel may be required
Life At BAE Systems: One of the many perks of being a BAE Systems employee is the opportunity to participate in our Certification Incentive Program. The BAE Systems I&S Certification Incentive Program is focused on advancing our qualified employees for upcoming opportunities and identifying prospective skill leaders whom would be able to lead and educate teams in the skill competence area. With prior approval and successful completion of the certification, our employees are awarded with monetary incentives and have enhanced their skillsets to enrich their careers - Now, that'$ a WIN, WIN. We offer extensive health, financial, and well-being programs to this full-time position, including: health, dental, and vision insurance, health savings accounts, 401(k), life and accident insurance, disability coverage, discounted rates for home, auto, and pet insurance and more! Additionally, BAE Systems provides employees with valuable leave programs including paid parental, military, and bereavement, as well as any applicable federal and state sick leave. Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills * Experience with tools such as EnCase, FTK, Xways, Axiom, Cellebrite, Volatility, and Wireshark
* Experience preparing documentation for courtroom presentation
* Experience testifying in federal/military court as an expert witness
* DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification or complete it before starting billable work: * CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP
#BAEDC3 #ASFS #DC3 #DC3-TABO #forensics #expertwitness #Cyber #ASFS About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
- Attention To Detail
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Data Analysis