In 2020, united in a fierce commitment to deliver the highest quality care and exceptional patient experience, Virginia Mason and CHI Franciscan Health came together as natural partners to build a new health system centered around the patient: Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. Our combined system builds upon the scale and expertise of our nearly 300 sites of care, including 11 hospitals and nearly 5,000 physicians and providers. Together, we are empowered to make an even greater impact on the health and well-being of our communities.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region's most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
Provides, as an integral part of the medical practitioner team, surgical care to patients to facilitate safe and effective completion of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures. Under the guidance of surgeons, nurses, or other designated personnel, the incumbent performs preoperative, intra-operative and postoperative duties within the scope of licensure to ensure that the operating room or environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety.
- Graduation from surgical technology program accredited through Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology ARC-ST. A minimum of six months operating room work experience that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities is preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing may be substituted for graduation from an accredited surgical technician program.
- If classified as Surgical Technician: Maintain Registration with the State of Washington.
- Registered nurses and/or practical nurses acting within the scope of their licensure do not need to maintain surgical technologist registration.
- If classified as Surgical Technician, Certified:
- Current certification through the Association of Surgical Technologists is required.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.