To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Manassas, VA 20110
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounting Services Representative
Centuri Construction Group, Inc. • Manassas, VA
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Join the leader in underground pipeline construction and get yourself a solid career with solid pay! Take the first step on your path to career advancement; we’ve got work for the next 100 years!
Our Accounting Services Representative supports the office and accounting services team by providing clerical accounting functions for accounts payable, accounts receivable, customer work management, vendors, payroll and time entry, purchasing cards, and expense reports. Accounting Services Reps are on the Accounting Services team and help make sure that the daily office operations run smoothly.
- Excellent benefit package including Health Insurance as low as .23 cents per week
- Employer Health Saving Acct. contribution up to $1,600.00 per year
- Company 401(k) match: dollar for dollar on first 3% and $.50 on the dollar for the next 2%
- Dental and Vision as low as $5.45 per week
- 9 company paid holidays plus accrue PTO/Vacation time
• Assist with processing financial/clerical office functions such entering, invoicing, data entry
• Ensure all financial transactions are correctly classified by specific accounting codes
• Check figures, postings and financial reports for accuracy
• Communicate and confirm information with the appropriate business leaders
• Research and resolve issues with aged, unbilled and unapplied receivables
• Create weekly invoices; Assist with audit requests
• Meet department daily deadlines
• Review vendor/supplier statements to ensure no past due items exist and resolve any issues
• Identify unusual transactions to be resolved by a supervisor
• Cross train and work with team members as needed with daily workflow
• Answer incoming calls in a professional manner
• Compose letters, memos and reports as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Education, Skills, Experience Needed
- BA in Accounting
- 3 years of administrative/accounting work or construction industry experience is required
- Strong knowledge of accounting procedures for accounts receivables, accounts payable and payroll
- Tech savvy to learn new computer applications and software quickly; SAP and/or SucessFactors experience is preferred
- • Familiarity with reading and understanding contracts
• Work is performed in a typical indoor office environment
• Flexibility to work various schedules and stay late when necessary with little or no notice
• Must be able to read documents, use a computer, communicate verbally and in writing
• Mobility required within an office, warehouse and construction site environments
• Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
• Pass pre-employment, random, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug screens
• Provide valid US work authorization documents for E-Verify
• Satisfactory results of pre-employment background check results
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
This job description is subject to change at any time. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, and does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Centuri and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Centuri will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC