One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital management companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing since its inception to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenues of $10 billion and 83,000 employees. In 2019, UHS was recognized for the ninth consecutive year as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2018, ranked #268 on the Fortune 500; and in 2017, ranked #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 83,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
The Employee/Labor Relations Manager will partner with the Staff Vice President, Labor Relations in executing positive Employee Relations and labor strategy and initiatives at field facilities.
- Works closely with Staff Vice President, Labor Relations to strategize and respond to employee and labor issues.
- Consults/manages union avoidance and NLRB campaigns.
- Builds credibility and maintains good morale among employees; gains management trust.
- Conducts management and employee training sessions on labor issues. Provides coaching and counseling to local management in labor relations.
- Develops communications to support avoidance initiatives and election campaigns.
- Assists in contract negotiation planning, management, communications and strategy. Prepares union contract language.
- Acts as lead negotiator or second chair for labor negotiations at assigned facilities.
- Provides guidance on execution of strike contingency plans including pre-planning, logistics, staff coverage, financial issues, and communication during work stoppage.
- Assists in providing interpretive guidance to management on contract issues.
Master's Degree in Human Resources or J.D. with 5 + years’ experience required.
Experienced in: Union avoidance initiatives and labor strategy; leadership and employee training in labor issues; NLRB election campaigns including campaign communications, strategy, third-party persuader advocacy, opposition research, and project management; contract negotiation planning, management, communications and strategy; strike strategy; contingency planning and execution and contract administration. Healthcare experience a plus.
Excellent verbal and written communications.
Functions as a team player and works effectively with all levels of employees and management.
Extensive experience training management and employees in large and small group settings.
This position may be based in King of Prussia, PA, Southern CA, or Las Vegas, NV.
This Opportunity offers the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and Development Opportunities within UHS and its Subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
*UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.