Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Seeking an experienced Instrumentation & Controls Designer who is highly motivated to join our team. The successful candidate must have experience in executing projects for the Refining, Gas Transmission or Petrochemical industries with the highest level of quality, cost effectiveness, and a focus on safety. The successful candidate will work with licensed engineers and other experienced designers to develop instrument specifications and PLC, SCADA, and DCS based control systems for industrial facilities. The candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to work with other engineering disciplines, sometimes across multiple offices.
- Instrumentation and control system engineering design for industrial, manufacturing, and utilities projects.
- Specifications including calculations for flow meters, analyzers, transmitters and other field instruments; much have an understanding of area classification.
- Perform control system studies including troubleshooting existing control systems, new system conceptual design and control system retrofits.
- Develop documentation including detailed instrument specifications and selection, logic diagrams, loop sheets, instrument lists, I/O lists, and instrumentation plan drawings.
- Responsible for instrumentation/controls engineering/design on multi-discipline engineering projects.
- Field support including on-site design, technical support, commissioning and construction management.
- Provide project management support for projects that are primarily instrumentation/controls in nature.
- Provide training and mentoring of junior level instrumentation/controls designers.
- Ability to working safely in a restricted refinery location
- Proven ability to meet client deadlines.
- 5+ years’ experience in the engineering design of industrial control systems including instrumentation, control logic, PLC , SCADA and DCS based control systems, and control systems documentation.
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD including 3D
- Experience in SPI / InTools is preferred.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% to work at project sites, collaborate with design professionals in other offices, for training and other purposes.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Design Group US Inc
Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (Scada)
Distributed Control Systems
Computer Control Systems
Programmable Logic Controllers