**Type of Requisition:** Regular
**Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:** None
**Public Trust/Other Required:** BI Full 6C (T4)
**Job Family:** Systems Engineering
GDIT is seeking an Information System Engineer w/ Application Support to join our team.
**Work Shift Schedule**
**Option #1: 4,** **consecutive** **10 hour days - NOTE: as long as 2 of the 4 days consists of Sat & Sun (ex: Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues or Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun)**
**Option #2: 5,** **consecutive** **8 hour days - NOTE: as long as 2 of the 5 days consist of Sat & Sun and are on consecutive days of the week.**
GDIT, a Federal marketplace leader in next-generation IT solutions and services, is seeking highly qualified and motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Security missions. For the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), GDIT provides enterprise IT services for DHS's biometric identity management system (IDENT) and the Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM) to store, match, share, and analyze biometric and biographic data in support of DHS's strategic mission. GDIT's O&M services support break-fix of current OBIM functional capabilities, as well as security remediation activities and developmental engineering (such as prototyping new code or configurations of OBIM functionality). At the most critical moments of change, we're there - bringing the resources, solutions, and expertise to help our clients take on some of the world's biggest challenges - and
GDIT is excited to offer you a unique opportunity to join a best performing O&M team supporting one our nation's most critical national security, law enforcement, immigration and border management, and intelligence missions.
GDIT is looking for an Information Systems Engineer to serve on the Application Support Team on this large, complex task order. The successful candidate will monitor and maintain system performance of enterprise applications across multiple technical platforms in both Production and Non-Production Environments, assist with investigative efforts, and provide remediation support to complex technical issues impacting stakeholder(s) missions. Specific responsibilities will leverage a wide range technical and interpersonal skillsets, and include but are not limited to:
• Works with stakeholder user communities and technical professionals to resolve complex technical issues.
• Integrates with troubleshooting task team comprising Government staff, service delivery agents, developers, and technical support engineers to identify root causes
• Stages & deploys new code to update applications while maintaining baseline standards across multiple operating platforms
• Escalates, monitors, and reports technical incidents to support SLAs and SLOs
• Develops and applies advanced methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of highly complex problems
• Reviews literature and current practices to support business requirements
• Provides technical consultation on current and proposed systems
• Works with security staff on an on-going basis to ensure COTS compliance with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Security Standards are met
• Works Saturday/Sunday as part of assigned work week
• Occasionally works on Government holidays
• May serve as an on-call engineer on regular rotation.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
• DHS HQ EOD required to start; must be able to obtain DHS HQ Final Suitability
• BA/BS or equivalent, 5+ years of experience
• **Experience in UNIX shell scripting**
**• Working knowledge with Git/GitHub**
**• Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills**
• Excellent communication skills
Desired Skills / Qualifications:
• Degree in computer engineering, computer science, information systems, or related field of study
• 8+ yrs of relevant experience
• Experience developing SQL scripts
• Experience developing Jython scripting
• Experience in Oracle WebLogic Server and Fusion Middleware administration, managing multiple application domains, and configuring multiple authenticators
• Experience in TIBCO Business Works (BW) and Enterprise Message Service (EMS) administration, managing multiple domains, and configuring BW trace parameters for debugging
• Configuration management experience using Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
• Experience with F5 BigIP Local Traffic Manager, setting up and configuring VIPs and server pools, and developing and configuring iRules
• Working knowledge with PKI and renewing and implementing security certificates
• Postfix and email server administration
• Certifications: ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Oracle WebLogic Server
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
- Amazon Web Services
- Business Requirements