To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Jose, CA 95134
- Anjali Singh
- Phone: 408-573-1111
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Randstad USA • San Jose, CA
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting and finance
- Two to three years of experience in accounting
- English proficiency is required
- Prepares journal entries, account work papers, complex bank reconciliation, CDE program reports, schedules, charts, complex spreadsheets, work-papers, and database work papers in the performance of complex accounting, budget, and financial analysis work on a regular, monthly, interim, and/or annual basis.
- Prepares a variety of detailed accounting, statistical, and narrative financial statements or reports that requires analysis and interpretation; they work with the Auditor with data processing regarding automated financial and billing systems.
- Reviews and analyzes grants, contracts, and proposals for fiscal soundness and adherence to generally accepted accounting principles. They also assist in preparing, and reviewing Federal, State, County and City budgets.
- Reconciles financial ledgers and records; prepares financial statements and reports, general and subsidiary ledgers and supporting schedules; researches and resolves discrepancies.
- Audits accounting systems and procedures to ensure proper internal control and compliance with established policies; performs the conversion and ongoing maintenance of automated and accounting systems.
- Provides assistance in the development of the annual budget, monitors budget activities; forecasts funds needed for the agency operations; assists in preparing the final budget document for approval of the Board of Directors.
- Provides assistance to the Accounting Manager and prepares special studies and reports.
• Participates in fiscal year-end audit activities, including preparation of financial statements.
• Coordinates financially related activities with other departments, prepares worksheets and schedules; compiles data and records.
• Will collaborate with and review the work of fiscal staff in making entries, reconciliation's and performing other fiscal record-keeping work.
• Process provider payments
• Reviews program invoices for proper classification prior to payments
• Prepare journal entry to record revenue
• Analyzes actual to budget expense monthly and research significant variances
• Meets with program manager and accounting manager monthly to discuss program financial statement & project program status
• Prepares financial report and credit card report for board meetings
• Prepares the Cash Transaction Report and submits it online to Early Head Start Division of Payment Management quarterly
• Prepares SF 425 (Semiannual Report, Annual Report and Final Report), has the Accounting Manager review it, and has the Board Chair Person sign it
• Assists the Accounting Manager and Program Manager with preparing an annual budget
• Updates Early Head Start Program information online on separate websites as need
• Enters Annual budget online in Head Start Enterprise System
• Monitor access of 4C company cars by managing the Key Sign-out sheet and maintaining the keys in a safety box
• Allocate 4Cs Early Head Start employees time spent on Early Head Start administration or program function for Personnel Activity Report (PARs)
• Monitors provider payments and enrollment of children & discusses with Program Manager so that the maximum reimbursable amount is earned
• Prepares quarterly reports based on general ledger revenue & expense and enter into California Department of Education website.
• Assist the Accounting Manager in preparing annual budget, staff allocation, cost allocation and upload into Blackbaud accounting software
• Additional duties may be assigned as required