Travel Required: None Requisition Type: Regular
Systems Engineer - Cloud Engineer
This position will be responsible for the development and delivery of the modular enterprise engineering design and implementation plan for the Secure Web and Application Services and Storage and Backup solutions that shall support the infrastructure hosting workloads for both premises and Amazon Web Services (AWS). This position will serve as the Platform Engineering SME to provide the technical guidance and direction to design the modular operating system baselines to support the modular data and application Tier hosting strategy. This position will work as part of a team to champion and implement SysOps and DevOps concepts within S&DS.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate outstanding hands-on experience and thorough understanding of Storage, Backup and Platform (i.e. Linux, Windows) engineering design, configuration, and troubleshooting. The candidate must demonstrate excellent understanding with Secure Web and Application Services solution to include engineering, designing, configuring, and implementing appropriate technology. The candidate must demonstrate excellent knowledge and experience with cloud services and technologies. The candidate must demonstrate on-the-job competencies and in-depth experience working and integrating open source framework/products, experience deploying various open source packages and/or application stacks into sponsor’s production landscape, mulit-core, multi-threaded, and distributed system.
The selected candidate will be expected to know how to both craft and drive good requirements and specifications documentation. The selected candidate will be expected to quickly self-learn new technologies and be passionate when it comes to making technical breakthroughs and solving complex problems. The selected candidate will need to have a diverse IT background, strong hands-on technical experience, organizational and interpersonal skills working as part of a team and at times in a highly autonomous manner, mentoring others as needed.
1. Demonstrate on-the-job experience as a Systems Engineer in a mission or enterprise environment to include reviewing and evaluating engineering designs to ensure standards and best practices are being met.
2. Demonstrate on-the-job competencies with the enterprise engineering design and implementation for Storage (i.e. Files, Objects, and Blocks), Platform (e.g. Windows and Linux), Web and Application Services (to include secure remote access to web and SaaS applications with zero endpoint configuration).
3. Demonstrate on-the-job engineering experience and/or outstanding in-depth knowledge with different technology solution for Secure Web and Application Services (e.g. Citrix Secure Browser).
4. Demonstrate on-the-job engineering experience and/or outstanding in-depth knowledge with System Monitoring/Management tools such as Nagios and/or Icinga
5. Demonstrate on-the-job engineering design and implementation experience with SAN and NAS technology along with different protocols for each storage technology.
6. Demonstrate on-the-job experience building Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure and using AWS technologies such as AWS Command Line (AWSCLI), Amazon Machine images (AMI), Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Simple Storage Services (S3), Elastic Block Storage, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) or CloudWatach and Autoscaling.
7. Demonstrate on-the-job experience with automated provisioning technologies or methods such as Amazon Web Services CloudFormation, GitHub, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or AWS bootstrapping via cloud-init scripts.
8. Demonstrate on-the-job engineering experience and/or outstanding in-depth knowledge with Linux (i.e. RHEL, CentOS, Scientific Linux) and/or Microsoft Windows Server environments and be able to engineer, build, configure, and maintain via Command Line Interface (CLI), as well as support development efforts in tuning/troubleshooting both application and OS level issues.
9. Demonstrate on-the-job experience configuring and securing web and application servers such as Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, JBoss EAP, SOLR.
10. Demonstrate on-the-job experience configuring and securing server workloads and protocol communications using SHA-2 PKI, TLSv1.2, Secure LDAP, SSHv3, HTTPS, NFSv4, or IPSec VPNs.
1. Demonstrate on-the-job experience and outstanding in-depth knowledge with virtual apps, desktops, and data from any device.
2. Demonstrate on-the-job experience and outstanding in-depth knowledge with installing and configuring IDOL and ZooKeeper.
3. Demonstrate on-the-job experience and outstanding in-depth knowledge of information security practices (e.g. cryptography, privilege separation, RBAC, Auditing, Patching, Security Benchmark Compliance, OS hardening, etc.)
4. Demonstrate on-the-job experience and outstanding in-depth knowledge with Cloud services engineering and familiar with different cloud technologies.
5. Demonstrate on-the-job experience and outstanding in-depth knowledge with server hardware from major vendors and related technologies including: CPU Performance, RAID, iLO, bare metal restores, backup methodologies.
6. Demonstrate on-the-job engineering experience and outstanding in-depth knowledge with underlying storage for Linus(LVM), storage network technologies and protocols, databases (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, Postgres, Kafka, etc.) and/or clustered/pooled virtualization concepts from leading platforms (e.g. VMware, Hyper V, etc).
7. Demonstrate on-the-job experience with performance analysis and optimization of distributed (cloud) systems.
8. Demonstrate on-the-job experience with core communication protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, SSL, HTTP/S and building application-specific protocols on top of them.
9. Demonstrated great understanding and practices with SecOps and DevOps concepts.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Vpc)
Amazon Web Services