To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Richmond, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Operations Specialist Cash Teller / High Speed Currency Processor
Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond • Richmond, VA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Operations Specialist Cash Teller or High Speed Currency Processor-Richmond, VA
As part of the nation’s central bank, the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond is committed to strengthening the economy and our communities. We serve with integrity, lead with courage and perform with excellence. At the Richmond Fed, our goal is not just to be an employer of choice; we want to be your employer of choice. One of the ways we do that is by offering a total rewards portfolio that includes more than compensation. At the Richmond Fed, total rewards includes thrift and retirement plans, a generous paid time off, health and wellness benefits, insurance to protect you and your loved ones, work/life offerings, and a variety of professional development opportunities.
The Cash department in our Richmond office has an immediate opening for an Operations Specialist-Cash Teller or High Speed Currency Processor. In this critical role, you will ensure adherence to strict controls and procedures in a fast-paced, multiple machine processing environment as well as work within a highly controlled team environment, usually consisting of 4-6 team mates. You will operate automated high-speed currency processing and reconciling equipment and apply significant job knowledge, experience and abilities to complete currency processing activities. Additional responsibilities include conditioning currency for high-speed processing, processing/balancing working inventory of currency, meeting production standards and quality measures, ensuring processing rooms are operating efficiently, and using various cash software applications and office equipment. Position requires constant visual alertness at all times, standing and walking 75% of the time, confinement to enclosed room with constant noise and exposure to dust, contaminates, and hazards through operating equipment. This role will maintain a large balance of currency, depending on denomination of notes held under multiple machine room control. You may assist high-speed supervisors with special projects as needed.
Candidate should review the FRB Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with issues related to previous employment and prohibited financial interests. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at www.richmondfed.org.
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
*** The deadline for applying on line is 5:00PM on July 26, 2018
*** High Speed Currency Processors- Hours are 6:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday through Thursday (extended hours may be required to department needs)
*** Cash Teller- Hours are 6:30 AM - 3:30 PM OR 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday through Friday (extended hours may be required to department needs)
*** The hiring range is $30,345-$43,000 annually.
*** Salary offered will be based on job responsibilities and individual’s knowledge, skills and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience.
- Ensures team's understanding of and adherence to stringent valuables handling procedures; custody controls, Treasury Currency Operations Manual (TCOM), Cash Department Procedure Manual, Information Security (IS), Automated vault storage system count requirements, detection and handling of counterfeits, large denomination notes and old series notes.
- Meets production standards and quality measures. Ensures processing room is operating efficiently. May assist management with special projects as needed.
- Receives and counts unverified currency, conditions currency prior to high-speed processing, and maintains overnight control of currency.
- Operates the various modules and components of the complex high-speed currency processor (CP); processes unsorted currency receipts, meets or exceeds required production standards; monitors machine performance; responds to error messages and other machine malfunctions and takes corrective actions as well as promptly notifies supervisor and/or field engineer as necessary; monitors the system's status to verify processing data; prepares fit currency bundles for storage; performs preventive maintenance in accordance with established procedures.
- Operates the reconciliation station (RS); enters exception information; responds to error messages and other machine malfunctions and takes corrective actions as well as promptly notifies supervisor and/or field engineer as necessary; maintains accountability for residual notes not destroyed at the RS; works at a steady pace in order to maintain a manageable number of reject reels so that the high-speed processing function will not be interrupted.
- Follows Independent Destroy All (IDA) procedures by feeding residual notes through the RS while working as a team with a non-high speed witness. Maintains residual notes count until destroyed during Residual Notes Destruction (RND) in accordance with established procedures.
- Uses various cash software/hardware applications; materials handling systems (Baltimore and Charlotte only); automated cash application.
- Prepares/balances daily settlement, system time logs, and other paperwork as required. Assists in determining amount of currency needed for next day's processing and assists in the opening and closing of the currency vault as needed.
- Trains and evaluates other high-speed currency processors. Provides assistance and guidance for refresher training and "new" employee training.
- Maintains adequate supplies used by high-speed processing equipment; maintains forms and other supplies used in daily paperwork/settlement.
- Assists as necessary in testing in conjunction with special Federal Reserve System projects; also tests new procedures and equipment.
- Provides cross-functional support to other areas of the Cash department, based on volume demands and level of cross-training experience. Support may include receiving currency/coin shipments, keying deposit accounting entries, and other miscellaneous duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or GED (required)
- Previous cash handling or operations experience preferred
- Ability to interpret in-depth procedural information and also error messages that appear on the high-speed currency processor
- Excellent oral communication skills, strong eye-hand coordination and math/analytical skills
- Proficient at operating a personal computer and/or terminal, printers, low-speed currency counting machines along with a standard calculator
- Strong decision making ability and understanding of consequence of error/accountability
- Proven interpersonal skills to interact with both internal and external customers orally and in writing