milCloud® 2.0 is looking to add a Sales Engineer to our growing team. In this role, you will work closely with the Growth team problem-solve key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to milCloud 2.0 products and services.
GDIT has deployed its own on premise Cloud solution into the DoD data centers. GDIT is operating this Cloud to support DoD Mission Partners meet their Cloud requirements. This approach ensures that (1) DoD Mission Partners can easily directly migrate or support migration efforts for the broad array of complex military applications that would benefit from our Cloud offerings and (2) can evolve with the pace of technology and is not locked into a specific OEM provider.
The Sales Engineer (SE) is the technical bridge between our Sales Representatives and their pre-sales customers. The SE will take ownership of the prime technical relationship with our pre-sales customers to help close deals by proactively managing and delivering technical information to our customers both onsite, online, and via telephone.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections, and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Share in-depth expertise to support the technical relationship with milCloud’s customers, including product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination and prioritization of solutions impacting customer adoption of milCloud.
- Work with customers to demonstrate and prototype milCloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on milCloud.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
NOTE: This position is contingent.
- Active Secret security clearance
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or equivalent experience in a customer facing role (including working as a member of a professional services or systems engineering team).
- Experience with IaaS, PaaS and SaaS technologies including collaboration tools, identity and access management (IAM) and DoD security.
- Experience presenting with the ability to deliver a technical pitch.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or other technical field.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space.
- 5+ years Sales Engineering and/or professional services experience required
- 5+ years’ experience with various Content Security Software and Systems
- Network Infrastructure Experience is a plus
- Solid multi-tasking and problem resolution abilities
- Self-starter and Quick learner with desire to learn new tools and technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication, customer service, account management and negotiation skills, with the ability to interface with a diverse set of clients
- Moderate coaching and mentoring skills are essential
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.