The Certified Dialysis Patient Care Technician (CCHT) is part of the team providing direct care to patients with End Stage Renal Disease. The CCHT supports clinical staff, start to finish, throughout the dialysis treatment process, and delivers prescribed dialysis treatment according to physician orders and nursing assessment.
This position is full-time, 30 hours/week. Must be a Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT).
- Obtains and records patient vital signs and machine readings according to facility policies.
- Sets up and breaks down the dialysis blood system for the treatment process.
- Inserts and removes access needles in patients for dialysis treatment.
- Monitors and assesses patients during the course of treatment, documents changes in the patient condition, and informs charge nurse of problems during treatment.
- Calculates patient’s weight loss to reach dry weight.
- Maintains and tracks inventory.
- Performs laboratory work.
- Determines patient care priorities and organizes work load efficiently and effectively.
- Maintains professional working relationship, observing patient privacy and rights.
Certification: The PCT must be certified as a clinical hemodialysis technician (CCHT) by a nationally accepted certification.
DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you are having difficulty using the online application system or would like to request other accommodations or application methods, please contact Doug Patterson at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Dialysis Certified Patient Care Technician-CCHT or
. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations where possible.
For more information about equal opportunity please see:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Dialysis Certified Patient Care Technician-CCHT.
Patient Care Technician
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician