To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Marietta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Medical Technologist - Flow Cytometry
IQVIA • Marietta, GA
Posted 2 months ago
Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization’s clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
Perform a variety of testing procedures of moderate to high complexity to obtain data for use in clinical trials research. Perform work in accordance with ICH E6 Guideline for Good Clinical Practice.
- Perform a variety of testing procedures of moderate to high complexity. Evaluate validity of specimen results as per standard operating procedure (SOP) guidelines. Document all corrective actions taken.
- Provide oversight and guidance to Medical/Histo Laboratory Technicians and/or Assistants. Assist with training of new staff within the assigned group. Train staff Medical Technologists and Medical/Histo Laboratory Technicians and/or Assistants in proper laboratory techniques for existing and new methods.
- Maintain quality control of laboratory testing to ensure accurate and timely lab reporting. Document corrective and preventative actions taken using good documentation practices.
- Assist management in establishing new methodologies. Assist in completion of validation packages.
- Assist management with implementing SOPs for laboratory testing and safety procedures. Implement changes in laboratory notifying all employees of necessary changes. Notify management when updates to department SOP manuals are needed to reflect procedural changes.
- Follow safety procedures as per laboratory SOPs.
- Collaborate with Project Manager with client requests and concerns. Notify management of any delays in testing and any related factors.
- Identify appropriate vendors and orders laboratory supplies as directed by management in order to maintain consistent workflow.
- Participate in continuing education through self-study, attending off-site lectures and preparing programs to share with coworkers.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree or educational equivalent in medical/histo technology and 2 years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills and Abilities
- Good knowledge of clinical procedures used in the area of responsibility
- Knowledge of good laboratory practices (GLP) and other regulatory agency standards within area of responsibility
- Knowledge of laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including standard precautions and hazardous chemical handling
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment, instrumentation and terminology used in the area of responsibility
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to maintain effective reporting procedures and control workflow
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1075244