Quality Inspector | Union City, GA | req48784
• Understanding and applying manufacturing & inspection documentation.
• Ability to read blueprints and understand GD & T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing)
• Perform visual and dimensional inspection on a variety of intricate and precision machined and electronic parts.
• Ability to review, edit and document an inspection process.
• Understand processes to extent that can suggest procedures, specification and/or blueprint changes; knows when changes may have possible effects on other areas.
• Read and comprehend written documents such as work instructions, job aids, forms, and apply these to the respective logistics area.
• Familiarity with departmental procedures to serve as a guide during audits.
• Proficient understanding and active use, without assistance, of commonly used documents as applicable.
• Possesses required knowledge to conduct department audits to ensure current documentation is in use and that the certification (calibration) of all tooling and test equipment is current.
• Knowledge of proper inspection techniques required to obtain accurate measurements.
Use of Tools and Machines:
• Adequate knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office computer skills to facilitate area requirements
• Utilize a variety of instruments such as bore gauge, air gauge, profilometer, micrometer, caliper, comparator, etc.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Generate inspection reports and corrective action requests.
• Participate in team development including quality/continuous improvement initiatives.
• Attend and complete all required training courses according to the position training matrix/plan as well as any necessary certifications.
• Ability to support business needs of the applicable team, as they apply to attendance, overtime, punctuality, and shift.
• Overtime and Weekends as needed
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
• Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
• Understands basic concepts of Kaizan, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, or equivalents – any certification a plus
Skills and Experience
• Previous inspection experience preferred.
• Basic computer proficiency.
• Ability to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous tasks.
• Understanding of quality systems requirements. (AS 9120, ISO 9001 etc.)
• Good interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills.
Position must be filled by US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
Kuehne + Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.
Continuous Improvement Process
Six Sigma Methodology
Corrective And Preventive Actions