One Stop Counselor
Division of Enrollment Management
The Office of One Stop Student Services at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, (UTK) invites applications and nominations for our One Stop Counselor position. We are seeking candidates who can contribute in meaningful ways to the diversity and intercultural goals of the University.
This is an on-campus position with some hybrid/remote work schedule flexibility.
This position is part of the centralized team within One Stop Student Services that provides a student-focused approach to quality service in order to provide an exceptional, seamless service experience that supports student success and institutional goals of recruitment, retention, and graduation. The position is cross-trained to provide front-line support to students (prospective, current, former, alumni), parents/families, and other campus community members in the areas of Undergraduate Admissions, University Registrar, Financial Aid and Scholarships, and the Bursar. The position will be able to answer questions of significant breadth and depth related to the offices as well as facilitate transactions. This position is the first level of student contact where personal interaction and problem solution begins, providing general information and inquiries, acting as a triage for complex enrollment issues, solving end to end issues, and elevation complex issues to the appropriate specialists in the office that support One Stop.
Required Education and Experience:
* One or more years of experience in customer service related field
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Experience in higher education, specifically areas of enrollment, admissions, financial aid, registrar, and bursar/student accounts
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Exceptional customer service skills and knowledge of basic service etiquette
* Exceptional oral and written communication skills; public speaking skills
* Ability to write clearly, concisely, and correctly
* Ability to engage and interact effectively with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds
* Ability to work as a team member
* Ability to analyze and interpret data and make independent decisions; responsible for decisions
* Ability to attend meetings, events, functions on and off campus and work weekends and evenings as required
* Ability to meet expectations in a fast-paced, dynamic, customer-oriented environment
* Highly motivated, focused, and results-oriented
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Knowledge of higher education, enrollment services, and student development
* Knowledge of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, including institutional and unit policies, procedures, and processes
The Enrollment Management (EM) division comprises more than 170 full-time staff who serve our students through the following departments and functions: Undergraduate Admissions, International Recruitment, Transfer Center, One Stop Student Services, Financial Aid and Scholarships, University Registrar, EM Communications, and Research & Analytics. The Office of Enrollment Management is committed to our Vision, Mission and Values. We are passionate about fulfilling our land-grant mission of accessible education and making an impact that will transform lives through the student experience.
The University and Region
UTK is the state's flagship, land-grant university. We are a Research 1 university with 11 colleges and more than 30,000 students. With new leadership at the system, university, and college levels, UTK is poised for dramatic positive change focused on solving some of the most audacious, pressing problems our country and world face today. The city of Knoxville is a hidden gem surrounded by eight gorgeous lakes, with a beautiful and walkable downtown, a diverse music scene including internationally recognized festivals, active neighborhoods, unique restaurants, and a robust offering of diverse cultural and outdoor activities. UTK is located within easy driving distance to the Great Smoky Mountains, Atlanta, Nashville, Asheville, Charlotte, Louisville and Cincinnati. It is only a day's drive to Memphis, Chicago, and Washington D.C. Knoxville and the surrounding counties have a population of more than 850,000 people.
For full consideration, applicants should submit a cover letter detailing relevant experience along with a resume and the name, e-mail address, and telephone number of three to five professional references.
- Customer Service
- Public Speaking
- Retention Management