Company is more than just a nationally-ranked home improvement company, we're a locally-owned and operated business with corporate style in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. When you become a part of the Company family, we give you the tools to build upon existing leadership skills, meet amazing people, and join a company with whom you can grow.
We are actively seeking a Controller to add to our Senior Leadership team at our Corporate Headquarters. In this role, you will manage core financial processes, including, corporate accounting, financial reporting, annual budgeting and forecasting as well annual audits and compliance requirements. Partnering closely with leadership and department heads, you will also be responsible for developing critical control policies and procedures across the organization.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Oversee the activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, annual audits and annual budgets
- Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, core employee expense reports, cash control, and total corporate payroll tax compliance; sign checks and bear fiduciary responsibility for company operations
- Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, reconciliations etc; pursue collections if needed
- Manage all third-party vendor relationships
- Use proactive tax strategies to ensure corporate tax compliance in an accurate and timely manner
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports, including, weekly operational reports, budget updates, and reconciliations
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Advise Executive leadership on financial markets, trends and best practices that will best protect company assets
- Establish and monitor company financial, insurance, and risk management policies and procedures to ensure compliance
- Respond to CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate financial needs for the Company
- Other duties as assigned
Here’s what you need to know:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA preferred
- 8+ years in an accounting or financial related position with a minimum 3 years as a corporate Controller
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks
- Must have an outstanding attitude, strong work ethic, and be self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to multi-task and balance priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience improving performance or reducing risks by implementing better financial controls
- Superior knowledge of data analysis, budgeting and forecasting methods
- Enjoys solving complex problems
Cost Accounting Procedures
Annual Financial Report