Teacher in a private school in Northern VA, Annandale area. This is a part time position for pull-out intervention, grades K-5. Licensed VA teachers in related field are encouraged to apply. Perfect position for licensed teacher wanting part-time hours. Compensation is comparable to public school.
The Title I teacher: provides contracted instructional services with the necessary educational expertise in mathematics and reading; diagnoses academic needs and delivers individualized instruction for each student; consults with school personnel to coordinate efforts in providing services to students; communicates and conferences with parents providing information on student goals and progress and develops home/ Title I partnerships to foster academic success.
We are an organization eager to have people join us whose training, skills and experience add to our ability to provide successful, research based instructional programs. We emphasize flexible work schedules, small group teaching environments and high professional standards and will provide you the opportunity to grow with us and help students achieve.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Implement program according to Title I regulations, NESI procedures and policies, and contract requirements.
- Administer diagnostic assessments, interpret data, and write an educational plan (SIP) for each student.
- Deliver instructional models and strategies in mathematics to eligible students through utilization of differentiated materials and educational strategies.
- Develop daily lesson plans for small group reading and/or math that provide for differentiation and ongoing assessment.
- Ensure supervision of students at all times, including escorting students safely to and from NESI classroom or to mobile/trailer classroom.
- Establish and maintain student forms and files as required by NESI and/or federal regulations.
- Create a positive classroom environment which supports engaged student learning.
- Attend and document conferences/meetings/trainings with NESI Supervisor, classroom teachers, principals, and parents as required by NESI and/or federal regulations.
- Maintain inventory of educational materials and equipment.
- Maintain regular communication with classroom teachers of Title I students.
- Encourage a partnership and regular communication with parents for their child’s academic success.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Requires a minimum of bachelor’s degree and valid VA teaching certificate, as required by contract. Title I or Special Ed experience preferred.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers. Must be flexible. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred. Must be available to work during the summer months.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
The Company provides all classroom and instructional materials. Continued instructional and leadership support for all employees is also provided.