To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
101 Station Landing
Medford, MA 02155
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Consultant - Retail Energy Markets
DNV GL • Medford, MA
Posted 21 days ago
DNV GL’s Competitive Energy Markets team is seeking a Consultant to provide research and support for its Retail Energy Markets (REM) publications. The consultant will be expected to conduct primary research and produce refined client-facing reports and dashboards using competitive retail electricity and gas market data and information. The successful candidate will gather data and information, analyze regulatory developments, review business activities, synthesizing and communicating key findings. This position is based out of our office in Medford, MA or Katy, TX.
Tasks May Include
- Gathering, organizing, and analyzing of competitive energy industry data including retail tariff rates, competitive energy offers, wholesale energy prices, participant activity, etc.
- Research utility and energy commission rules, regulations, reports and associated filings from industry participants
- Contribute to the development of Retail Energy Markets (REM) subscription written reports
- PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets covering competitive energy markets
- Maintain internal databases and reports dashboards presenting competitive energy markets data and information
- Support delivery of REM reports to subscribers
- Support REM renewal coordination and new business development goals and initiatives
- Support development of Energy Executive Forum (EEF) content, identification of potential speakers, and recruitment of attendees
- Lead continuous efforts to improve the way DNV GL collects data from (and delivers results to)
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree in Economics, Energy Policy, Environmental Engineering, or related discipline preferred
- 5 years of experience with energy policy research required
- Experience in electric and/or gas deregulation (markets, policies, pricing, finances) strongly preferred
- Experience using Excel and managing datasets
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Requires strong analytical skills, with emphasis on insights and recommendations to senior audiences
- Effective/productive communications with key people including senior level clients
- A commercial and entrepreneurial mindset
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and ability to navigate and excel in a complex organization and relate successfully to a variety of people externally and internally
- Highly organized and creative with accomplished time and project management skills
- Able to work independently with limited oversight
- A keen attention to detail and highly effective organization and prioritization skills, including the ability to stay on task and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!